The image of Nebraska athletics

And I love Polo's op. Bitches about Bo and how he needs to lighten up or whatever all the time. Make changes. Embrace the fanbase and whatever and so on. And yet is ridiculing this PR campaign we're seeing. Hell yes it's a PR campaign. He's trying to change, like all the bitchers like you want, and now he gets ridiculed for it as well. Make up your damn mind. What do you want?

Oh. right. Just win.

Well, we all know that it wouldnt be by enough.

Really? Do you honestly think if Nebraska went 12-1, and won the conference by three points if be unhappy that they didn't win by enough?

And I'm sorry, the PR thing, without wins will go stale and tiresome. Make book on that.

Well it is kinda difficult to win games in the offseason.

• Fire 1

I'll give Lee this much - he has always known how to troll Husker fans to sell newspapers.

It takes talent to know which bait works best to get the fans riled up, and he's one of the best chummers around.

Won't be sorry when he retires. Won't miss him in the least.

• Fire 4
I'll give Lee this much - he has always known how to troll Husker fans to sell newspapers.

It takes talent to know which bait works best to get the fans riled up, and he's one of the best chummers around.

Won't be sorry when he retires. Won't miss him in the least.

I'm actually very curious why there cannot be a balance of opinions within newspaper articles and message discussion.

It seems most here would prefer some Peoples Republic of North Korea type coverage and discussion of this football team. I nominate sd'sker as the first to get his hair cut like Bo

• Fire 1

So if Nebraska wins the Big 10 Championship then gets beat in the Rose Bowl to the tune of 48-17 are we going to be right back here because Nebraska should be more prepared to play in the Rose Bowl with the resources here? Or if he lashes out at the fans and media in the press conference with an "I told you so" attitude does he get a pass since he won a championship, or is that still going to be unacceptable as coach of Nebraska?

So if Nebraska wins the Big 10 Championship then gets beat in the Rose Bowl to the tune of 48-17 are we going to be right back here because Nebraska should be more prepared to play in the Rose Bowl with the resources here? Or if he lashes out at the fans and media in the press conference with an "I told you so" attitude does he get a pass since he won a championship, or is that still going to be unacceptable as coach of Nebraska?

Yes.

Yes.

The bold is IMO unacceptable as coach of Nebraska no matter what.

The reality is if a coach who wins a NC does that, he's still not going to be in any danger of losing his job. And if Nebraska finally wins a B1G championship under Bo, he will have earned himself breathing room. Not limitless breathing room, but definitely another season and one with fewer critics.

Though the scenario you outline is probably as unsavory a way to end a CCG title season as possible. We could probably continue going down that hypothetical until we get a point where everyone would agree even a CCG title means little. For example, maybe the CCG opponent is a weak 7-5 team. Maybe we lose three regular season games by a combined score of 20-200. Maybe the Rose Bowl opponent who trounces us is a mediocre team that has to start a walk-on 5th string QB due to injury. Maybe Bo punches a puppy in the face.

But under normal circumstances, I would say a B1G championship this year will be deservedly regarded as a good accomplishment.

I agree with that and I want to be clear that I don't want either of those scenarios to play out. I just wanted to bring it up for conversation sake since the general consensus of the board is that a Big 10 Championship would cure a lot and every time somebody brings up another coach acting like a jack a$$ they get the "But coach X actually wins championships" response.

Lol..."....facts not in dispute". I think the better, and more meaningful use of wording is "unfounded speculation". Good day LB......

There isn't a division in the fan base and Nebraska's star isn't as bright nationally? Is this what you are saying?

No. He is saying that Lee apparently does not know the definition of the word fact, since those two things are not indisputable nor are they falsifiable.

• Fire 2

I think there's a lot of people tired of Bo. Count me in as one of those. I could care less what he does anymore and haven't for a long long time. I used to get excited about Nebraska football even in down years. I was excited at the possibilities when he first was announced as head coach. That excitement quickly waned and has never been even close to being the same since.

You can say what you want about the writer but I can tell you from first hand experience that there aren't many Bolievers in fact I've never met a single one here in Chicago and in Wisconsin where I travel a lot for work. The perception of him isn't pretty regardless of what he's 'really like' whatever that may be. Miles on the other hand is a different story and in my opinion the way he's come in and carried himself has been like a breath of fresh air.

• Fire 3

Not a fair comparison between Bo and Miles. Bo took over a program that people expected and still expect to be at the top. Tim took over a program that has completely sucked the last decade and not many people had any idea NU still had basketball.

I get it that Miles is a great media guy and shows lots of passion and enthusiasm. The pressure on Miles is just is not there...it will be now after this season, but it was not there at the beginning.

Bo will NEVER be truly accepted by the entire fan base because of the constant comparison between him and TO.

I just got done reading the Unbeatable book (I know...it was released a while ago, but finally got around to it). TO gave some great insight into the pressure he felt from the fan base...I think we all know how high the expectations are for the football program because of previous success. There are fans that are complete a-holes and will always think they can do better and have the next head coach in mind that can lead the Husker football program back.

To be perfectly honest, I am surprised Bo has stayed this long.

It is great that the basketball program had a successful season...hopefully this will continue for them. Great for the university! Hopefully Bo can kiss and make up with the media, but I think it would be hard to get on the good side of some of those dumbasses from Lincoln/Omaha.