SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Can we PLEASE take his commit tag off. If he puts on the N during his stupid hat day, re-add him. He more or less said he is not 100% committed to N.

He's a soft commit.

I have no problems at all with any recruit who wants to look around. These players need to choose what they think is the best place to be for them, no different than anybody else in selecting a college. They have to commit as part of the process, but when things change or (potentially) better offers come along, they should absolutely explore them.

Would definitely be nice for fans to realize this and not give anyone grief for it. (Speaking in general; twitter is a good case in point. Actually, fans should not tweet at recruits in general)

Can we PLEASE take his commit tag off. If he puts on the N during his stupid hat day, re-add him. He more or less said he is not 100% committed to N.

He's a soft commit.I have no problems at all with any recruit who wants to look around. These players need to choose what they think is the best place to be for them, no different than anybody else in selecting a college. They have to commit as part of the process, but when things change or (potentially) better offers come along, they should absolutely explore them.Would definitely be nice for fans to realize this and not give anyone grief for it. (Speaking in general; twitter is a good case in point. Actually, fans should not tweet at recruits in general)
To take it a step further, I'd recommend not personally investing yourself in recruiting. Of course it's fine to drink the Kool-Aid and join the celebraish when we bring talented new guys on the team. But I've been the guy who gets upset when a guy waivers or deco mits or we whiff on a big-time recruit. Not that guy now, and it's just not worth. Recruiting is just far too volatile to not expect these types of deals every year.

While it's important, recruiting is 100% out of our control and just not worth the headache, IMO.

• Fire 2

But it does make it tougher when it is a local kid, as we expect them to live & die as a Huskers.

Exactly

On the other hand, Omaha has always been a different breed as there is no love loss between Husker & Bluejays. I will probably upset someone, but for the most part they probably are not the die hard Husker fans as in the rest of the state.

Silliness

But it does make it tougher when it is a local kid, as we expect them to live & die as a Huskers.

Exactly

On the other hand, Omaha has always been a different breed as there is no love loss between Husker & Bluejays. I will probably upset someone, but for the most part they probably are not the die hard Husker fans as in the rest of the state.

Silliness. Does this apply to just Omaha or any city with a college in it?

#Loperpride

Other site saying now Michigan is calling. I'm already soooooo sick of harbaugh. It makes it worse that I live in michigan. They are obnoxious right now

I'm not above mocking a coach. That guy is a grade A DOOSH and needs to get off our nuts ASAP. He seems like he's specifically targeting conference foe commits. I'm not one of those gentleman's agreement guys, but it almost seems that's where he started his recruiting... Other B1G commits.

Sure fire to make the rest of the conference hate you... More than they already do.