SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Here's the article it comes from.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/daishon_neal_nebraska_cornhusk.html

I find this to be quite offensive.

"It's really out of Oregon and Nebraska at the moment," he said. "With Oklahoma, I'm going to go up there and see what they have to offer. If I like it there, it'll be Oregon and Oklahoma."

I agree. It seems that we are his placeholder school. From an in-state player, that is sad...

Parenting these days..... Going downhill.

His dad wants him to stay in Nebraska.

In that case...Best Dad Ever!!

GIF-Best-Dad-Ever.jpg

They always say..parents know best

Don't think I've ever heard Bo say that.

In the Ozigbo thread there is a post quoting, "They told him they’d offer two more running backs they liked at 9 if Ozigbo wasn’t completely ready to switch his commitment from Iowa State to the Huskers."

I personally like this tactic in our recruiting. I'm sure it is specific to our RB need and the staff wanting to finalize the RB position. I'd be curious the "what" and "why" of the approach with Neal. Personally, I would have favored a "final" decision on this guys weeks ago and if not pull his scholarship. It would avoid the drama but more then anything show future recruits what is expected from them after you "commit" to the :bigredn: .

In the Ozigbo thread there is a post quoting, "They told him they’d offer two more running backs they liked at 9 if Ozigbo wasn’t completely ready to switch his commitment from Iowa State to the Huskers."

I personally like this tactic in our recruiting. I'm sure it is specific to our RB need and the staff wanting to finalize the RB position. I'd be curious the "what" and "why" of the approach with Neal. Personally, I would have favored a "final" decision on this guys weeks ago and if not pull his scholarship. It would avoid the drama but more then anything show future recruits what is expected from them after you "commit" to the :bigredn: .

It also allows this staff to spend more time at a diff position vs chasing more running backs. In this time frame certainly helps the staff to be more efficient

Riley, Banker and Hughes will all be in-home tonight.

Uhhhh I thought Banker and Hughes were in-home in Florida tonight?
I could be wrong, usually am, but I would guess Banker/Hughes in-home with Jones late afternoon let's say 3-4ET. They could leave by 5ET and be back on Omaha by 730CT pretty easy.

So basically I think in-home both DE's today and try to lock them up.