SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Listen very carefully to the attitude instate recruits have about how our staff has recruited them. That has to change and I think Riley will attempt to make that happen.

No, I'm not saying every above average kid in Nebraska should get a scholarship offer. But, the really good ones, should feel like they are really wanted.

I dont follow, do you mind elaborating?

He basically described their attitude towards Nebraska at the beginning of the recruiting process. His dad explained to him that Nebraska coaches aren't going to show you any love early because you are a Nebraska kid and they think they can get you no matter what and possibly just to walk on.

He said they are going to go out and get all the outside players they can from a long ways away and only if there still is a scholarship left, are you going to be offered.

From that, they worked hard to make sure Bo understood that wasn't going to fly with them because they are willing to go anywhere to play. Bo ended up offering him early and we are now where we are.

Now, what happens if they don't push the issue and Oregon or Michigan or OSU or OU come in and show him all sorts of love only to have Nebraska at some point late in the process come in and try to sigh him or get him to walk on?

I'm guessing he described as an opportunity and most likely it worked for a number of recruits... It would appear that Daishon is smarter than they thought by reading between the lines.

Of course that is what he was getting at. But, it came off as an insult.

It also confirms what many believe about these schools that normally have high entrance standards and still have good sports teams. If you are good at sports, they will figure out a way to get you in.

Just because a football player played for Stanford (for instance) doesn't mean he is as smart as the average Stanford student.

Will you please tell Sherman that...

Few things that intrigued me. One was the Michigan comments. And academics are NOT an issue with Neal. And your competing with the program with above and beyond the most Academic AllAmericans in football and all sports, and the the standings are not close. So that comment by Michigan is ooberly mind boggling.

2nd. Twice, Daishon mentioned that the fans got Bo and staff fired. I found this very interesting as well. Is this a feeling amongst recruits and players? Or is this some sort of mindset that was instilled by the old staff as it became pretty noticeable they were getting fired, or after they were fired? Cuz obviously it's not true. Bo got himself fired for numerous reasons. And how impressive is it that the new staff can come in and reaffirm in the face of Oklahoma, Michigan, and Oregon. Thoughts?

Listen very carefully to the attitude instate recruits have about how our staff has recruited them. That has to change and I think Riley will attempt to make that happen.

No, I'm not saying every above average kid in Nebraska should get a scholarship offer. But, the really good ones, should feel like they are really wanted.

He basically described their attitude towards Nebraska at the beginning of the recruiting process. His dad explained to him that Nebraska coaches aren't going to show you any love early because you are a Nebraska kid and they think they can get you no matter what and possibly just to walk on.

He said they are going to go out and get all the outside players they can from a long ways away and only if there still is a scholarship left, are you going to be offered.

From that, they worked hard to make sure Bo understood that wasn't going to fly with them because they are willing to go anywhere to play. Bo ended up offering him early and we are now where we are.

Now, what happens if they don't push the issue and Oregon or Michigan or OSU or OU come in and show him all sorts of love only to have Nebraska at some point late in the process come in and try to sigh him or get him to walk on?

I hear what you're saying. Bo had to lose to Harrison Phillips before he got that memo. I have the impression Riley isn't going to make the same mistakes Bo did, most everything he has done so far has shown that.

Few things that intrigued me. One was the Michigan comments. And academics are NOT an issue with Neal. And your competing with the program with above and beyond the most Academic AllAmericans in football and all sports, and the the standings are not close. So that comment by Michigan is ooberly mind boggling.

2nd. Twice, Daishon mentioned that the fans got Bo and staff fired. I found this very interesting as well. Is this a feeling amongst recruits and players? Or is this some sort of mindset that was instilled by the old staff as it became pretty noticeable they were getting fired, or after they were fired? Cuz obviously it's not true. Bo got himself fired for numerous reasons. And how impressive is it that the new staff can come in and reaffirm in the face of Oklahoma, Michigan, and Oregon. Thoughts?

Yeah I didn't like hearing him say that, although he is a Nebraska kid immersed in it all, and not just some outsider reading about perception. He did praise the fans at one point too, a follow up question would help clarification by what he means.

I hear what you're saying. Bo had to lose to Harrison Phillips before he got that memo. I have the impression Riley isn't going to make the same mistakes Bo did, most everything he has done so far has shown that.
In state recruiting is a can't win deal, for BO or Riley. Right now everyone is in favor of taking a local boy over an out of stater. I guarantee that this mentality will change as soon as the stars don't add up to the magical ranking needed to play for titles.

I love the idea of taking a NE kid, but tell me which WR you would drop to take CJ? There are some I wish hadn't gotten away, but there are a lot that didn't get a spot due to the staff taking in someone else. To make that assertion, make sure you look at who else was taken in that class at that position and honestly ask yourself which kid was the better option at the time.

Yeah I didn't like hearing him say that, although he is a Nebraska kid immersed in it all, and not just some outsider reading about perception. He did praise the fans at one point too, a follow up question would help clarification by what he means.

It was an interesting comment but I'm glad they didn't have a follow up question. Time to move on.

Staff did some nice work securing his commitment, but the reality is, we should ALWAYS secure commitments from the state's top talent.

One thing worth noting: He was originally from Texas? So it's not like he was born and raised as a Husker. I might be wrong, so if I am just let me know.

And your competing with the program with above and beyond the most Academic AllAmericans in football and all sports, and the the standings are not close. So that comment by Michigan is ooberly mind boggling.

Michigan is one of the top schools in the country and not easy to get into, especially out of state. Still, that was really douchey. Who's to say he wouldn't get in through the normal application process? And, even if that were true, why on earth would you want a recruit to feel that way?

Flabbergasting recruiting tactic by the Wolverines.

They were even "leaning Michigan", too (woah, by the way): https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/560082445781835776

And your competing with the program with above and beyond the most Academic AllAmericans in football and all sports, and the the standings are not close. So that comment by Michigan is ooberly mind boggling.

Michigan is one of the top schools in the country and not easy to get into, especially out of state. Still, that was really douchey. Who's to say he wouldn't get in through the normal application process? And, even if that were true, why on earth would you want a recruit to feel that way?

Flabbergasting recruiting tactic by the Wolverines.

They were even "leaning Michigan", too (woah, by the way): https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/560082445781835776

Michigan fans on that Twitter are real butthurt ahahahah