Kirk Herbstreit on the 2014 Huskers

People forget that College Gameday is something that's put together with entertainment in mind.

And I think that is why we Husker fans feel slighted by the show.

What are you talking about? The reason Husker fans don't like Herbstreit has nothing to do with Gameday.

I enjoy game day, and truly like Herbie,( and totally agreed with his melt down, although over the top a little actually) I get a kick out of all of them. The signs are the greatest, and I might add that my lovely wife made this a much more well known board by having it front and center at the game day at USC a few years ago.

It does a lot for the sport I think, and when you listen to every other teams fans, they are out to get them, ESPN hates us. Every single teams fan base seems to feel that way. They know their audience and play to it one way or the other. Hilarious for me. I think some take them way too seriously. Not a huge fan of Mayday, but he is normally pretty close to right it seems to me.

Gameday was the best when it jumped from a short, 30-minute program to an hour. Twice as much coverage and they were able to hit on just about every conference with an obscure story thrown in here and there. 3 hours is just absurd. I don't care about the Rinaldi stories or any of the extreme fluff. Cut it back to an hour and have real conversations. Most of the conversation feels so forced, like, they're talking about topics just to fill the full three hours.

• Fire 1

Gameday was the best when it jumped from a short, 30-minute program to an hour. Twice as much coverage and they were able to hit on just about every conference with an obscure story thrown in here and there. 3 hours is just absurd. I don't care about the Rinaldi stories or any of the extreme fluff. Cut it back to an hour and have real conversations. Most of the conversation feels so forced, like, they're talking about topics just to fill the full three hours.

Exactly, I skip the first hour, because Fowler isn't on there. I like the job he does. But I think two hours or even an hour is enough.

The Rinaldi stories might be the best part, imo.

The Rinaldi stories might be the best part, imo.

The reek of forced overdramatization.

I agree, one hour would probably be perfect. I am not sure how they can make the two (or three hour) gameday better...Walk around and hit different tailgates? I mean that would be interesting for like 2 minutes...Show the main "strip" of the campus? Again, neat for about two minutes...

I don't know but I do know that two hours seems to drag but its better than getting hit by a bus

Maybe he isn't as big of a douche as I thought he was

Yes he is. I can't stand Herbstreit and this doesn't really change my perception of him. It is nice to get some good publicity though!

Why?

I've never liked Herbstreit. It goes along with Corso. Maybe I just don't like Herbstreit because of Corso, but I just can't stand to listen to him. He's not as bad as Mark May, but I just can't stand how whiny he is some times.

• Fire 1

Yes he is. I can't stand Herbstreit and this doesn't really change my perception of him. It is nice to get some good publicity though!

Why?

I've never liked Herbstreit. It goes along with Corso. Maybe I just don't like Herbstreit because of Corso, but I just can't stand to listen to him. He's not as bad as Mark May, but I just can't stand how whiny he is some times.

.... Why?

Why?

.... Why?

Because of the reasons I stated.............If it makes you feel better, I can just say that I like him! Why do you like him?