The unofficial stranded on a deserted island music survey

Po: Any recommendations for Yellowcard and Amber Pacific for a beginner? Quality choice there with Hemorrhage by Fuel. Kick-ass song. Never heard of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, but I listened to those two songs, and while C Rock isn't my thing, those were pretty good. Bohemian Rhapsody is, of course, an all-time great song.

Yellowcard songs I like from the last two studio albums:

When You're Through Thinking Say Yes- 2011

The Sound of You and Me

Life of Leaving Home

Hide

Soundtrack

Sing for Me: slower song but the story behind it makes it a great song. Lead singer Ryan Key's aunt has brain cancer and is about to die so he wrote this song through her eyes

See Me Smiling

Be the Young

Southern Air- 2012

Surface of the Sun

Sleep in the Snow

A Vicious Kind

Telescope- this album came after the death of his aunt, so he wrote this song for her. Another beautiful song

Rivertown Blues

Ten- another slower song, but you will know what hes talking about pretty soon into the song. Get ready for the waterworks

Southern Air

If you like some of these, I suggest the album Lights and Sounds. Skip Paper Walls. Letdown album.

As far as Amber Pacific, most of their songs are about break ups and getting over them. They helped me get through some tough times after break ups. They will always have a spot in my heart for this. I don't know if they'd relate to you as much as they did me back in my high school and college days. But here are some songs I like.

Everything We Were Has Become What We Are

For What Its Worth

You're Only Young Once

Take Me From This Place

Dear ____, This Has Always Been About Standing Up for What You Believe In

Living Proof

Follow Your Dreams, Forget the Scene

Runaway

Watching Over Me

Enjoy!

JJ: I've never heard of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. If you want to get to heaven is a pretty decent song.

Now you've got me curious..... If you've never heard of Ozark Mountain Daredevils, how are you familiar with the song "If you want to get to heaven"? I'm not aware of anyone else covering it that would be well known.

As far as Clutch song recommendations, some of my favorites are;

Electric Worry

The Regulator

Cypress Grove

Tight Like That

It's a little harder sound than I usually go for but I like these guys.

Thanks, Dude! Clutch... probably not for me.

Mastadon, though. That bears further research.

The first step of that research should be learning to spell the band's name correctly. Just kidding, it's somewhat of a running joke actually, since basically everyone spells it that way.

Anyhow:

Just don't go see them live

They do seem to have an internet reputation for not being good live, but both times I've seen them they tore the house down. And their live performance of Mother Puncher on YouTube is pretty much the best thing ever. They must be inconsistent.

They do seem to have an internet reputation for not being good live, but both times I've seen them they tore the house down. And their live performance of Mother Puncher on YouTube is pretty much the best thing ever. They must be inconsistent.

I saw them last summer and it was utterly forgettable. Sounded like a garage band's first gig at a sh**ty bar. Maybe the sound guy really screwed up, but either way it was bad.

I saw them last summer and it was utterly forgettable. Sounded like a garage band's first gig at a sh**ty bar. Maybe the sound guy really screwed up, but either way it was bad.

If it was one of those outdoor festivals, it very well could have been a craptastic sound guy. I've seen sound guys set the mix up so you could not hear the singer, or way overkill the bass volume, to the point of being physically uncomfortable at more than 500 feet from the stage.

The best example of sound guys ruining a show for me was Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not that I'm a huge fan of theirs or anything, but I was still kind of looking forward to seeing them. I thought it was awful, and I don't really blame the band. Other people who were there swore it sounded great, so I don't know.

VA Husker Fan: My knowledge of Radiohead pretty much begins & ends with Creep, but Reckoner was an... interesting song. I've heard that Radiohead, aside from Creep, is kinda odd. You dig them, or just that one song? I haven't heard that Mazzy Star song in ages. Takes me back a bit. Tip of the hat for Bowie. Good tune.

Radiohead is pretty odd overall. A musician friend of mine recommended OK Computer to me, and I liked it fine, but he said I probably wouldn't care as much for the rest. Then In Rainbows came out (with Reckoner) and I loved the entire album, and still do. I think it's their most mainstream stuff. If there had been a 5 album/CD limit on the island, In Rainbows would absolutely make my list. Somebody did a great mash up of 15 Step (my 2nd fav from album) with Brubeck's Take 5, since both are in 5/4. https://www.youtube....h?v=sgC5jM65wqY