Clippers Owner Racist Remark Allegations

Landlord

I fail to understand how in the year 2014 people are still racist. We are all people, and we're all the same on the inside. I'd like to know who his friends are that he hangs out with also, because if he's so worried about peoples' opinions of his girlfriend taking pictures with Magic Johnson, he must hang around some pretty ignorant racists as well.

The world will never cease to amaze me.

I fail to understand how in the year 2014 people are still racist. We are all people, and we're all the same on the inside. I'd like to know who his friends are that he hangs out with also, because if he's so worried about peoples' opinions of his girlfriend taking pictures with Magic Johnson, he must hang around some pretty ignorant racists as well.

There will always be racism because racism is a problem that people have with other people. I feel that we, as a society, have made great gains in eliminating racism. However, it will never go away. That's a sad truth, but a truth none the less.

Yeah he is a weird one. At the end of the latest tape he actually asked her "you think I'm racist don't you?" Like he doesn't even see himself as one.

No one ever, ever admits that they are racist, even KKK members.

It is very difficult for anyone to be self-aware about their own flaws, but especially anyone who has this sort of deep pathology certainly won't be able to see it in themselves.

I fail to understand how in the year 2014 people are still racist.

Not trying to attack you at all, but part of the problem is the lack of belief or understanding by white people that it still exists and affects and oppresses people today.

It's not hard to understand. We are all a product of our environment, and this man was obviously raised and taught and conditioned into ignorance. The same would have happened to you if you were raised in the same circumstances.

If you really want to make a difference, be brave and boycott the NBA until action is taken. Don't go to games, don't watch games, don't wear apparel, don't play video games. Voting with your dollar and your attention is the tried-and-true way to bring about changes in these kinds of situations. If you can't tear yourself away from your beloved sports games over something this "serious"....well...I don't know what to tell ya.

FOX Sports@FOXSports 1m

"Effective immediately I am banning Mr. Sterling for life from any association with the Clippers organization or the NBA." - Adam Silver

Oh, well, a lifetime ban is a little different than an indefinite suspension.

Here's a live stream: http://www.cbssports...ng-live-2-pm-et

A great question was just asked about how this wasn't investigated before with all the claims that have been brought against him, despite the lack of success of those prior litigations. I don't feel this was answered. Silver said they followed those cases closely. But if they did, choosing to take no action just because the litigation failed seems like it was an easy way out, and one that should now be acknowledged as a mistake by the league.