Other Team's Negative Achievements

this might rankle some of you, but I think it's relevant to the discussion. I'm not trying to start a Bo debate.

Seeing Ohio State,USC, UNC, Miami, PSU, etc. affected by major scandals,Alabama's shady oversigning practices, and Florida under Meyer plagued with arrests, one thing I feel pretty damn certain about: with Bo, stuff like that will NEVER happen at NU. A lot of those programs won championships, but those came with the cost of scandals, shady practices, and rosters that make the police blotter. Is that worth it? I'm sure a lot of the fans of those programs might say yes, but being that many of us Nebraskans prize good character and values, I would say that isn't worth it.

The only NCAA violation we've had is that NU covered textbook expenses that they weren't supposed to. Pretty much says it all, the worst thing we've done is encouraging athletes to read outside their required course material.

SMU essentially destroyig itself from the inside instantly comes to mind. Miami tried to do the same several times.

Tatoo gate at tOSU

Inevitably the SEC imploding when the ridiculous amounts of improper benefits are exposed and linked to member schools.

Dream on about the SEC. They'll get away with it all man.

As long as the NCAA keeps the rooster in the hen house, yes.

---

And Texass is sweet, sweet schadenfreude. And in a way, it hearkens back to 2009, when Texass had to cheat to win the Big XII title. Had they been stand up and accepted that they failed to beat a one-dimensional Nebraska team, it would have forced them to go back to the proverbial drawing board that much sooner.

In a way, Texass cheating their way to success covered up the true state of their program and only ultimately delayed a decision re: firing Mack Brown that should have been done four years ago. As a result, they're reaping what they have sown in their NFL Draft failure and general football ineptitude.

I had a buddy texting in a group thread that "how many Nebraska players would get drafted this year?"

He was pointing out that we had zero in the first 2-3 rounds, or whatever it was.

My simple reply to him was, "just like a real true Kstate fan to revel in the fact Nebraska hasn't had good drafts lately other than notice that Kstate has suffered in the draft much much worse over the last 5 years. Makes me happy to be a husker fan knowing that brings more pleasure to him than looking at his own schools miserable shortcomings"

I was thinking there would've been a thread or two on here pointing out our lack of 1-2 rd production. I'm glad there wasn't because, quite frankly I don't really care how many go pro, I care how they do IN college.

Having texass completely bottom out in the draft is some sweet syrup tho, cuz they get so much attention for their statewide football programs from youth to pro. Anytime they smell it up makes me happy.