SIGNED - WR Stanley Morgan

@JoshHarveyScout: #Nebraska #Huskers get a commitment from 3-star WR Stanley Morgan.

But espn has him a 4* so.... In this instance I'm gonna agree with them. Just this once.

Rivals has him as a 4* too and the #27 WR in the nation. Harvey is a scout guy so he has to say 3*. Stars aside this kid is a stud and glad we have his commitment.

He's committed here now, probably drop to a 2 star.......

(Sarcasm)

It's rare that I post in this forum anymore. It's still chalk full of good info thanks to Mav and a handful of other knowledgable folk, but I tend to just lurk for info more than anything anymore.

That said, it is fun to watch these commitment videos. Dang LeBron for coining the whole "taking my talents to..." bit.

As for Morgan, he seems highly regarded as a recruit. 4* guy on two sites. Haven't watched any film on him. But what impressed me most about him was the way he stopped to thank everyone who helped in his recruitment. School, friends, family, etc. didn't seem self centered or entitled like some of the recruits I've seen.

The kid already gets a thumbs up for character from me. Happy to have him as a part of the Big Red family. Welcome Stanley!

• Fire 1

Is Stanley a possession receiver or does he have break away speed and can stretch the field? It's a great pick up no matter what.

I wouldn't call him a possession receiver but he isn't a burner either. He has average receiver speed but makes up for it by excellent route running and physicality. He has hands like Westerkamp and hops like Enunwa. The only thing his game lacks is elite speed and size. Next year is gonna be a logjam at receiver but look for Morgan to contend for playing time.

Is Stanley a possession receiver or does he have break away speed and can stretch the field? It's a great pick up no matter what.

I wouldn't call him a possession receiver but he isn't a burner either. He has average receiver speed but makes up for it by excellent route running and physicality. He has hands like Westerkamp and hops like Enunwa. The only thing his game lacks is elite speed and size. Next year is gonna be a logjam at receiver but look for Morgan to contend for playing time.

well you can have speed but you have to catch the ball first, I like talk about his hands welcome to the Big Red

Hello everyone Iam new to the site. My name is Monique. Iam the mother of Stanley Morgan Jr WR for New Orleans. I love your city, fans, and the University. My son Stanley Morgan is an only child. He is 6'1 195lbs. He is the 2nd leading WR in Louisiana. He's also all state all district and all metro. He is a 4 star. I really feel comfortable about my son's choice to Nebraska.

• Fire 7

Hello everyone Iam new to the site. My name is Monique. Iam the mother of Stanley Morgan Jr WR for New Orleans. I love your city, fans, and the University. My son Stanley Morgan is an only child. He is 6'1 195lbs. He is the 2nd leading WR in Louisiana. He's also all state all district and all metro. He is a 4 star. I really feel comfortable about my son's choice to Nebraska.

• Fire 3

Congrats to you and your son on your choice! Glad to have you on here as well!

We are all extremely excited to have him committed to get a great education and play a little football at the University we all love!

Welcome Monique. We are very excited to have your son and your family joining the Husker family. We are excited about him as not only a player but he seems to be a quality person as well.

Just for a warning, there are things you will see on this board that are said out of emotion and they do not usually portray the actual feelings of Husker Nation. Please take things with a grain of salt.

Welcome again, and GO BIG RED!

Stanley Morgan sophomore year he had 61 grabs for 806 yards and 13TD's. Junior year he had 66 receptions for 1077 yards and 13TD's. And currently in his senior year he has 46 passes for 891 yards and 8TD's. He was out the last 2 games due to a shoulder injury but will return Friday night for playoffs.