• 2 months later...

This applies to real life too but I'm mostly thinking about message boards.

When people are in a discussion and - "This is the last post I'm going to make on this and you should quit talking about it too but let me just get the final word in now."

Then after the other person replies - "I can't believe we're still talking about this, I said I wasn't going to talk about it anymore, but let me just get the final word in now."

Then 5 replies later they're still talking about the thing they refused to talk about while feigning disbelief that the other person is such a loser for continuing to talk about it.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

This applies to real life too but I'm mostly thinking about message boards.

When people are in a discussion and - "This is the last post I'm going to make on this and you should quit talking about it too but let me just get the final word in now."

Then after the other person replies - "I can't believe we're still talking about this, I said I wasn't going to talk about it anymore, but let me just get the final word in now."

Then 5 replies later they're still talking about the thing they refused to talk about while feigning disbelief that the other person is such a loser for continuing to talk about it.

This is funny and so true!

I will add in the "Link please" crowd and the "Here are 13 links on the topic that supports what I said" 

Just now, teachercd said:

Do you have a link for that?  Not sure I understand what you are referring to?

Of course: https://www.comm.pitt.edu/argument-claims-reasons-evidence

Arguments are claims backed by reasons that are supported by evidence. Argumentation is a social process of two or more people making arguments, responding to one another--not simply restating the same claims and reasons--and modifying or defending their positions accordingly.

My pet peeve is when you have a cold and you blow your nose....but, you have blown your nose so much that you feel like you still have a glob of snot on the end your nose but you don't have a mirror to look and you have to go in a meeting and be in front of people who may or may not be looking at a big glob of snot on the end of your nose.

Man that is frustrating.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 4:37 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve got a few today. 

1). People who do not pull all the way to the farthest pump at the gas station making it harder for anyone else to get to a pump. 

2). Gas station clerks that take forever to start the pump when you’re standing out in the cold....waiting. 

3). Whoever the idiot engineers are who design the safety spouts on gas cans. Hey idiot. You can’t have the gas coming out the same place the air goes in. 

I guess you can say I have gas problems today. 

HA!!!!!!  I’m not the only one.