Most Indispensable Huskers 2014

First off, my vote is Gregory. Our scheme for the D changes dramatically if he goes down. He is the type of player that you build a defense around. Bo did an excellent job of it the last half of the year.

I know this seems like a joke, but I honestly think one of the most important positions to lose would be the long snapper. I am not sure how many we have on the roster, but having a dependable and consistent long snapper goes a long way. Lose your long snapper, you pretty much automatically lose the field position game. 4th and long backed up to our own 10 and the long snapper is out in a close game. Not a great position to be in.

You mean we're not gunna score every possession and go for 2? :D

It's great to have a long snapper you don't have to worry about, but I can't imagine it being too incredibly difficult to find someone on a 105 man roster who could fill in sufficiently.

I agree with you since we probably have another long snapper on hand (on the 105 man roster).

But if there isn't another player that specializes in long snapping, or has even practiced it, a team can end up like this...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060639/article/travis-goethels-poor-snaps-doom-oakland-raiders

Granted, you aren't going to take up two spots on the 53 man roster in the NFL for long snappers. But are you going to take up two spots on a travel roster for two long snappers in college?

I really do not get this Ameer going down and the season is over. He is an adequate back, he replaced another adequate back, we have three more behind him and two have seen playing time.

Armstrong goes down and we are up the river for sure. Stanton has not set the place on fire, he does have the summer to make up ground.

Gregory makes the defense, but we could survive without him.

No one man is going to make the season, last year would have been the year with Taylor going down. We still managed a descent season. Not what any of us wanted, but not earth shattering either.

Love Ameer, but we can afford to lose him, more than adequate back ups, with actual playing time.

• Fire 1

I really do not get this Ameer going down and the season is over. He is an adequate back, he replaced another adequate back, we have three more behind him and two have seen playing time.Armstrong goes down and we are up the river for sure. Stanton has not set the place on fire, he does have the summer to make up ground.Gregory makes the defense, but we could survive without him.No one man is going to make the season, last year would have been the year with Taylor going down. We still managed a descent season. Not what any of us wanted, but not earth shattering either.Love Ameer, but we can afford to lose him, more than adequate back ups, with actual playing time.

Positivity.

Are you drunk?

Lol

You truly believe if Ameer was injured our season would be in the tank? Cross has shown he can do the job if given the opportunity. No one expected Ameer to be as good as he has been. Most were worried when Rex went down.

He is good, but he is not a Hypsman back no matter how much we try and make the comparison. Not on the level of Green, Phillips and a host of others.

He is not going to bring us into MNC/Playoff level and that level of back could.

Does a great job, is good kid, team player. Love that he is on our team, but just do not believe he makes the sole difference between success and failure. Hope I do not have to find out. I would love to see one of our seniors go out with a bang.

Not saying Armstrong is a great player, but he is the only experience we have. He needs to in there unless Stanton truly shows what some claim he is. I am not real high on Armstrong either. But he has 7 wins and that is something to hang your hat on. If he were to go down in fall practice, I could see the wheels coming off the team, not even close with Ameer getting dinged.

Nope, count, do not drink, never have.

I really do not get this Ameer going down and the season is over. He is an adequate back, he replaced another adequate back, we have three more behind him and two have seen playing time.Armstrong goes down and we are up the river for sure. Stanton has not set the place on fire, he does have the summer to make up ground.Gregory makes the defense, but we could survive without him.No one man is going to make the season, last year would have been the year with Taylor going down. We still managed a descent season. Not what any of us wanted, but not earth shattering either.Love Ameer, but we can afford to lose him, more than adequate back ups, with actual playing time.

Positivity.

Are you drunk?

Lol

You truly believe if Ameer was injured our season would be in the tank? Cross has shown he can do the job if given the opportunity. No one expected Ameer to be as good as he has been. Most were worried when Rex went down.

He is good, but he is not a Hypsman back no matter how much we try and make the comparison. Not on the level of Green, Phillips and a host of others.

He is not going to bring us into MNC/Playoff level and that level of back could.

Does a great job, is good kid, team player. Love that he is on our team, but just do not believe he makes the sole difference between success and failure. Hope I do not have to find out. I would love to see one of our seniors go out with a bang.

Not saying Armstrong is a great player, but he is the only experience we have. He needs to in there unless Stanton truly shows what some claim he is. I am not real high on Armstrong either. But he has 7 wins and that is something to hang your hat on. If he were to go down in fall practice, I could see the wheels coming off the team, not even close with Ameer getting dinged.

Nope, count, do not drink, never have.

Have to agree. In fact, if Ameer went down I'm not sure we'd end up starting Cross. Adam Taylor might just be the next best IB on the roster. We could start either one and get by okay. But if Armstrong went down we'd be in a world of hurt. Experience is a LOT more important at QB than it is at RB. Armstrong has enough playing time under his belt to be an effective field general. Johnny Stanton doesn't. I like what Stanton brings to the team. But he needs to spend a season coming off the bench for a series or two before he's ready to take the reins. IMHO. :lol:

• Fire 1

Adam Taylor and Imani Cross are nowhere near being the backs that Ameer already is. Saying 'we'd be o.k' especially with one returning starter on the offensive line returning this season is some pretty serious speculation in my opinion. We're already struggling just to be ranked at season's end so I'm not sure what 'we'd be o.k' even means.