Fall Camp Updates

Packer made the comment the other day that Nebraska may have the best running back group in the country. Very impressed with Ameer and could not stop praising Imani, man among boys comments. Sounds pretty good.

Imagine what he'd say if Taylor wasn't hurt. What I love about this group of rb's is that they have such great attitudes and bust their asses to get better. I expect Newby to really take a step forward this season.

Packer made the comment the other day that Nebraska may have the best running back group in the country. Very impressed with Ameer and could not stop praising Imani, man among boys comments. Sounds pretty good.

Imagine what he'd say if we still Taylor wasn't hurt. What I love about this group of rb's is that they have such great attitudes and bust their asses to get better. I expect Newby to really take a step forward this season.

I hope he improves on handling the ball. We can't afford offensive turnovers.

Dan Hoppen ‏@danhoppen 1m

One player who's not getting much love from fall camp but should - Imani Cross. Looks more and more like a complete back every day.

I hope so. I've always loved Imani's work ethic, but there definitely is room for improvement. He will need to make a good jump this year to instill trust for 2015.

If he doesn't run so tall, he'll definitely make a good jump. Half of his problem is running way too tall. Gotta lower the pad level running through traffic

Dan Hoppen ‏@danhoppen 1m

One player who's not getting much love from fall camp but should - Imani Cross. Looks more and more like a complete back every day.

I hope so. I've always loved Imani's work ethic, but there definitely is room for improvement. He will need to make a good jump this year to instill trust for 2015.

If he doesn't run so tall, he'll definitely make a good jump. Half of his problem is running way too tall. Gotta lower the pad level running through traffic

Meh. They used to say the same thing about Peterson at OU. Not that Imani is as good as AD.

That "full-go" practice the day before a game is interesting. I have not seen that or been a part of a staff that does that. I wonder if they will notice a difference in the crispness of the team at the start of the game

I believe that is similar to what Chip Kelly does with the Eagles and their injuries were the lowest in the NFL last year. Theory of you don't go from a rest to full go being expanded to the day before. Rest 1 day earlier to recover from the early week practices then go hard so the team is loose for the game.

That "full-go" practice the day before a game is interesting. I have not seen that or been a part of a staff that does that. I wonder if they will notice a difference in the crispness of the team at the start of the game

I believe that is similar to what Chip Kelly does with the Eagles and their injuries were the lowest in the NFL last year. Theory of you don't go from a rest to full go being expanded to the day before. Rest 1 day earlier to recover from the early week practices then go hard so the team is loose for the game.

Someone can correct me, but I think that's partly why the Huskers switched to practicing on Sunday and taking Monday off.