What is your reason for not getting Husker tickets?

Ive just always had the ability to get them on a game by game basis. I also have the privelege of having a set or two given to us by my employer. It allows me to sit in all different parts of the stadium, as well as pick and choose which one I go to-which over the past 5 years or so, I've made to all but 1 and sometimes two home games a year. This year we've decided to take a "break", so to speak. We probably wont make to more than 1. We have 3 kids, and until I can willingly afford (willingly, cuz i actually can) 4 seats worth, it's just a pain to find sitters for 7-8 saturdays a fall for 3 kids. Esp when the sitter wants to watch the game too I'm sure.

Some day, maybe even as soon as next year I fully intend on purchasing a pack of 4 season tickets..

Ive just always had the ability to get them on a game by game basis. I also have the privelege of having a set or two given to us by my employer. It allows me to sit in all different parts of the stadium, as well as pick and choose which one I go to-which over the past 5 years or so, I've made to all but 1 and sometimes two home games a year. This year we've decided to take a "break", so to speak. We probably wont make to more than 1. We have 3 kids, and until I can willingly afford (willingly, cuz i actually can) 4 seats worth, it's just a pain to find sitters for 7-8 saturdays a fall for 3 kids. Esp when the sitter wants to watch the game too I'm sure.

Some day, maybe even as soon as next year I fully intend on purchasing a pack of 4 season tickets..

See, I don't see you as one who "doesn't get tickets". You still make it to a few games a season, even if you don't have tickets of your own.

I typically try to go to two home games and one away game.

Reasons I don't go to more:

- I spend at least half of my fall weekends hunting

-While each have their benefits and drawbacks, I can't honestly say I enjoy being there in person any more than watching on TV

-When I enjoy watching from home as much as being there....well one option is about $100 cheaper a game than the other.

Living in Colorado, I used to go to the NU-CU game each year. But with the closest game being in Lincoln, the time and money it takes to travel with wife and kid, and the ridiculous prices of tickets, parking, concessions, etc., I just don't have the desire to go anymore. The university has made the decision that the TV money is worth more to them than the fans, and they're slowly reaping what they sow.

We got two season ticket for the first time (other than being a student) two years ago and now have four. We split them with two other families because none of us live close enough to go to all the games. 2-3 games per year. Not as many as I'd like but better than none.

That's a good idea to split the season tickets among 2 other families, but is it hard to figure out which games you all get the tickets for?

My brothers and I are going to face an issue with my mom's season tickets. She is getting up there in age, and her health isn't great (yeah, she's your basic blue-hair that everyone complains about). I am not sure how much longer she can realistically make it to most games each season, but we will want to keep her tickets. As long as she's alive, she doesn't have to pay a donation and she has fairly good seats (East Balcony -- old one, not the new one). I think we could keep buying the tickets and figure out ways to split the games up between us. She also gets a tailgate spot in Lot 7, and that's not cheap.

Usually doesn't work out too badly. We all pretty easy going and have plenty of other stuff going on so it usually sorts itself out pretty well. But that's also the reason we went to four tickets - it can be two couples for games we really want to go to (UCLA last year, Miami this year, etc.) or one family can have all four and take kids along. Works out pretty well. Went to way more games the last two years than the previous 10 because we had tickets so we had an "excuse" to go instead of always finding reasons not to go.

I was looking into getting season tickets this year, but with me spending about half of football Saturdays hunting, it makes it tough to justify the cost. Plus, with as many tickets as are now available, you can go to a game or two per year,sometimes for less than face or even free. Besides that game or two I get to go to are now a special event, not something I'm obligated to do.

Mix in the 11am games,,where I'd have to get up at 7 or 8 on Saturday to get there on time as opposed to rolling out of the rack at 1050 to watch a game at home or 1015 to go to a party or a bar. Quite frankly, I need that extra rest.

Basement Bar with Miller Lite on tap.

Good god, why?!

:lol: Very good question! Especially if that IS the bar!? I don't make it to the games because my boys are still a little young to justify the cost of tickets for them into the game. I want to take them, but I think it's ridiculous that I have to pay the full amount for the game for them since they probably won't remember it anyways.