What is your reason for not getting Husker tickets?

For me, I usually plan my season out like this:

First game: Big party at my house or a friends

Second or Third Game: Go to Memorial Stadium

Late September-October: Harvest, try to watch at home or at a bar.

November: Go to a conference game and watch rest at home

I'm definitely gonna go to a road game this year, thinking Northwestern. But I'll probably only make one home game, most likely going to be Minnysoda. My brother is coming home and he has never gotten to attend a home game before. Figured a revenge game against the Gophers would be a good one to introduce him to. I try to go to at least one or two games a year. The atmosphere is unlike anything else. Granted my streak of witnessing head scratching losses live is undeniably bad. So the tow reasons I don't attend more games are Harvest and Karma.

I live too far away. When they are close I will buy. Purdue last year Michigan State this year.

A home game for me would require me to spend $ on:

Airline ticket

Rental car

Two night hotel stay

A football ticket

Food

Beer

Gas

Parking

Of course I can drive there. Only problem is that I'm 847 miles away. It would be 27 hours of driving over a weekend. That might make things cheaper but then you factor in fatigue and car wear/tear. Is that worth it?

I have had season tickets for many years, but being in California, my cousins get them. Never open for any reason, family tradition I guess you would say. GrandPa would turn over in his grave if they were not used.

If I lived there, I would try to be at every game. My grandfather lived in Lincoln his whole life, he never missed a game. I think that is the difference in today's fan. We have too many avenues to watch the game, and it normally gives you more information, and you can watch other games that are important at the same time. Years ago, nothing beat going to the game, radio was what I grew up on if I could not go. Waiting for news papers while in Viet Nam. We as a group have it better and much easier to be a fan I guess.

I certainly can understand the expense, the hassle it brings. I love my recliner, big screen and college football from 9am to 11pm every Saturday in the fall!

Comfort, being a large man. 6'3 300 lbs

Someone's knees in my wife's and my back.

Being told you need to move over because you are in my seat.

Some arrogant fan boasting they have had these seats for decades , and they look it.

Not worth the money to justify the cost and BS