McNeese St. Transfer QB Daniel Sams

I thought Sams will be automatically insert QB starter. Not true. "The naming of a starting quarterback against Nebraska has yet to be decided on but Viator (head coach) said two QBs will be seeing action"

LINK: McNeese Status

Matt Viator is not the type of coach that is just going to turn over the keys to a transfer and put him in front of the guys who have been here and have worked hard just because he is supposed to be good. He is going to make him prove it on the field.

I remember when Tryann "The Honey Badger" Mathieu came running over here when LSU finally canned him. He thought he'd be welcomed here with open arms and be suiting up for McNeese the next day. From what I heard, Matt sat him down and told him "how" it would have be if Matt let him on the team and to go home and think about it over the weekend. He decided not to come to McNeese.

Doc

I thought Sams will be automatically insert QB starter. Not true. "The naming of a starting quarterback against Nebraska has yet to be decided on but Viator (head coach) said two QBs will be seeing action"

Matt Viator is not the type of coach that is just going to turn over the keys to a transfer and put him in front of the guys who have been here and have worked hard just because he is supposed to be good. He is going to make him prove it on the field.

I remember when Tryann "The Honey Badger" Mathieu came running over here when LSU finally canned him. He thought he'd be welcomed here with open arms and be suiting up for McNeese the next day. From what I heard, Matt sat him down and told him "how" it would have be if Matt let him on the team and to go home and think about it over the weekend. He decided not to come to McNeese.

Doc

Doesn't McNeese state run more of a traditional O? If yes, I am sure that is a factor as well since Sam's skills don't translate to that type of O well. I liked a bit of what I saw out of Sam when he was at KSU, erratic as a passer.

Doc

Doesn't McNeese state run more of a traditional O? If yes, I am sure that is a factor as well since Sam's skills don't translate to that type of O well. I liked a bit of what I saw out of Sam when he was at KSU, erratic as a passer.

We run multiple offenses depending on the situation. I seen us all the way from 5 wideouts no back formation all the way to a power I with three TE's in the game. We even have run some spread option plays. But last year with Cody Stroud at QB, a drop back type passer who was slow as hell running, our spread option plays didn't evolve much option. The defense knew that the RB was getting the ball and could completely ignore Cody..

I think Tyler Bolfing and Daniel Sams will both play Saturday but don't ask me what we will run because I haven't been at practice last week and this week and don't know.

Doc

Tyler Bolfing has been named McNeese's starting QB for Nebraska. Daniel Sams will also play.

HC Matt Viator was on Sharp & Benning yesterday and discussed the QB situation at McNeese St, including Daniel Sams. It sounds like Sams still needs to get the rhythm of the offense down (though he knows the plays) but will play vs Nebraska.

Sep 2 Seg 15 With McNeese Football Coach Matt Viator See You On Wednesday