Ameer for Heisman

Mavric

Neb RB Ameer Abdullah moves into 2nd place on my Heisman "ballot," behind only Mariota: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/10/01/heisman-trophy-watch-marcus-mariota-todd-gurley-ameer-abdullah/16480255/

2. RB Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska (Last week's ranking: No. 4)

Abdullah probably won't leapfrog Mariota, but a win Saturday against Michigan State would virtually assure the senior of a permanent spot as a Heisman finalist. He's been everything for Nebraska, which leans heavily on Abdullah's game-breaking ability as the centerpiece of coordinator Tim Beck's explosive offense. He's delivered: Abdullah has been the nation's most prolific skill player.

Neb RB Ameer Abdullah moves into 2nd place on my Heisman "ballot," behind only Mariota: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/10/01/heisman-trophy-watch-marcus-mariota-todd-gurley-ameer-abdullah/16480255/

Abdullah probably won't leapfrog Mariota, but a win Saturday against Michigan State would virtually assure the senior of a permanent spot as a Heisman finalist. He's been everything for Nebraska, which leans heavily on Abdullah's game-breaking ability as the centerpiece of coordinator Tim Beck's explosive offense. He's delivered: Abdullah has been the nation's most prolific skill player.

I find this comment interesting. So...he is the most prolific skill player. But, he's not the "most outstanding player" in college football? Hmmmmm.....

What's the difference?

Paul Myerberg@PaulMyerberg 1h1 hour ago

I find this comment interesting. So...he is the most prolific skill player. But, he's not the "most outstanding player" in college football? Hmmmmm.....

What's the difference?

QBs usually aren't labeled as skill players.

Heisman Watch: It’s Ameer-acle!

ameer-abdullah-tri.jpg?w=750

The Front-runner: Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

If it feels like an astonishing new Abdullah highlight reel drops every week, that’s because it does.

At one point, playing running back at Nebraska was a shortcut to Heisman consideration. Apparently, this is no longer the case, as evidenced by Abdullah being far from a clear-cut favorite. While some of the arguments leveled against him are fair — yes, Todd Gurley could probably rush for 500 yards on McNeese State, something Abdullah failed to do — he’ll have the chance to silence any and all remaining doubters/critics/agnostics/etc. at no. 10 Michigan State this weekend. If Abdullah can tear it up against Pat Narduzzi’s stingy defense, he’ll deserve to be the Heisman’s one true front-runner. If he doesn’t, then we can return our focus to Melvin Gordon, as there’s room for only one red-and-white-wearing Big Ten running back in this conversation.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/heisman-watch-ameer-abdullah-nebraska/

Marcus Mariota, instead of leading Oregon on a game tying/winning drive, just fumbled away the game to Arizona. That can't help his cause. And with Mariota being the prohibitive favorite prior to tonight, it can only help Ameer.

Still a lot of football left to be played this year. Hopefully Abdullah continues to have great games and the Huskers keep winning.

P.S. The camera was panning the Oregon sideline when the loss became inevitable, and just wow! When you're Oregon and you lose, you're just a bunch of fat guys in pink and black duck costumes. =D

P.P.S. I wonder how Michigan is feeling about canning Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez after only three years and replacing him with Brady Hoke. This is the second year in a row he's beaten Oregon.

• Fire 3

Marcus Mariota, instead of leading Oregon on a game tying/winning drive, just fumbled away the game to Arizona. That can't help his cause. And with Mariota being the prohibitive favorite prior to tonight, it can only help Ameer.

Still a lot of football left to be played this year. Hopefully Abdullah continues to have great games and the Huskers keep winning.

P.S. The camera was panning the Oregon sideline when the loss became inevitable, and just wow! When your Oregon and you lose, your just a bunch of fat guys in pink and black duck costumes. =D

P.P.S. I wonder how Michigan is feeling about canning Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez after only three years and replacing him with Brady Hoke. This is the second year in a row he's beaten Oregon.

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

If we beat Michigan State and Ameer runs wild, I think he jumps to the favorite pick.

Agree. Nebraska needs to win some big games for Ameer to have a real shot at the Heisman, and @MSU is one of them. I'd say Ameer is the favorite as of Friday, but that can change on Saturday.