Ameer for Heisman

Mavric

I don't know about you guys, but I'm wondering if the Heisman deserves Ameer.

It's a tarnished trophy. I've been thinking about this for a while. It's still the pinnacle award in college football, but several of the past winners have been more than lacking, in my opinion. And it does NOT go to the best player in college football, despite its stated description.

no. no to this.

it is certainly, indubitably better for him to win it than not win it. no matter how you slice it.

It's a tarnished trophy. I've been thinking about this for a while. It's still the pinnacle award in college football, but several of the past winners have been more than lacking, in my opinion. And it does NOT go to the best player in college football, despite its stated description.

Knapp,

I am right there with you and I don't disagree. In large part, I really don't give a flying rip about the trophy anymore simply because to me, it's been proven to be a joke on who has won it.

However, if Ameer gets it, it is a HUGE honor for him that he has earned and it is a huge plus for our football program.

• Fire 1

I don't know about you guys, but I'm wondering if the Heisman deserves Ameer.It's a tarnished trophy. I've been thinking about this for a while. It's still the pinnacle award in college football, but several of the past winners have been more than lacking, in my opinion. And it does NOT go to the best player in college football, despite its stated description.

You're probably right. Although I am glad to see that it will most likely go to an upperclassman. Whom ever that is.

I agree with you on a level but having another Heisman here at Nebraska would do wonders for recruiting and such. Yeah, the Heisman isn't the trophy we all think it should be but it still holds more clout than the other awards presently.

I agree with you on a level but having another Heisman here at Nebraska woudl do wonders for recruiting and such. Yeah, the Heisman isn't the trophy we all think it should be but it still holds more clout than the other awards presently.

this is all the more reason ameer needs to win this. he certainly deserves it, but if a high character guy like ameer won it, that would restore some credibility to the trophy.

we should not blame the trophy for what the voters and winners have done. and we have an invested interest in the trophy meaning something, with three winners in our stable.

also, saying that your player is too good for an award before the award is even awarded seems like preemptive sour grapes.

• Fire 1

I think Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, and Robert Griffin III's positives outweigh Jameis Winston and Johnny Manziel's negatives. Always heard good things about Mark Ingram as a person as well. Not that the Heisman trust actually cares about those things, but those guys are quality human beings either way.

And if either Mariota or Ameer wiin it this year, that will be another super high class guy to get the award.

• Fire 1

Ameer is being talked about a lot by media types from every network, even ESPN. Mark May the other day even went off on Ameer and how he is the most complete player in football and that he should be tops for the hypesman. If we can finish the season unscathed and make a serious run at a playoff spot, he will definitely have a chance to win it. It is just sad that it takes that much accomplishment from a team, for a player considered to be the best in football to win the award for the best player in football.

I am constantly reminded of my 2011 prediction that Ameer Abdullah would never be the featured running back at Nebraska.

"Great return man, but not cut out for a power running game. Goes down too easy at the moment of contact."

(in fairness to me, he didn't get many yards after contact that freshman year)

But that's it. I've never been wrong about anything since.

• Fire 2

I am constantly reminded of my 2011 prediction that Ameer Abdullah would never be the featured running back at Nebraska.

"Great return man, but not cut out for a power running game. Goes down too easy at the moment of contact."

(in fairness to me, he didn't get many yards after contact that freshman year)

But that's it. I've never been wrong about anything since.

#stayhumble

• Fire 1