This is why you never, ever, ever let up

knapplc

He can believe what he wants in his heart... because in the end their results resembled something like the inner walls of a pit toilet at Branched Oak Lake after Labor Day Weekend. They were outmatched on a personnel level, with the game plan, execution and just about every other aspect of a football game you could think of. As a competitor I would not expect him to be scared... because they are taught not to be scared of anyone they face - after all they are all just humans playing the same game. Little puppies do the same thing to big dogs... and how many rat terriers do you see taking down pitbulls? Lots of barking... and they still get tossed around and bit.

• Fire 5

You have to think that way, or you are already beat. It isn't that Nebraska isn't striking fear into opponents. Do you think Smith honestly believes they are going to beat Nebraska? No, but you must have that mentality. What is he going to say in interview? "Yeah, we didn't have a shot, they are more athletic, and we will never win. Boo hoo."

• Fire 2

"They just capitalized on our mistakes"

Correct me if I'm wrong, we forced zero turnovers. There weren't a ton of mistakes to capitalize on, it was more so Nebraska simply dominated a weaker team. Not sure if he is just loopy from the meds he took for his injury, or what. The guy needs to learn to take the loss and move on. I personally hope Bama hangs another half a hundred on them so I can entertain myself with more of his outlandish comments.

While I am not going to argue against your premise, Knapp, the title of that article was Overconfidence? An easy answer,

244419_o.gif

Apparently, they did not learn their lesson either. As we know our offense set a new B1G total offense record, and the article notes:

Nebraska, however, punched them back, racking up 784 yards of total offense – the most ever against an FAU team.

That was a complete shellacking, not an ugly win that came down to the wire and a few bad plays by FAU. Furthermore, it seems that this false sense of superiority is not limited to how they view Nebraska. Their next game is against current #2, Alabama, and the DC is quoted as saying in reference to that game:

It's about our defense. If we get lined up and we read our keys, and we fit the plays the way we're supposed to fit them, and we are in position to make plays, and we make plays, we'll beat anybody. If we don't we won't beat anybody.

Really!?

Nebraska needs to show they can dominate their opponents and not let lesser teams hang around, but this is a case of a naive team acting that way. Someone just needs to let this CB know,

You-Are-so-Dumb-Antoine-Dodson-Reaction-

We forced zero turnovers AND had a sh#t ton more penalties than them.

This guy's a complete tool. The score was not 31-20. it was frickin 55-7. It was 31-7 at half. Get a clue. Put your focus towards winning the sun belt or whatever the hell other pissant conference youre in.

Last year wyoming had a right to talk.

LOL. We put 55 points on them and nearly 800 yards total offense. They had no turnovers and fewer penalties than us. Their mistakes were scheduling this game, getting on the plane, not tackling nor blocking very well, and starting a cornerback who's overconfident about a game they're about to get blown apart in. Not too worried about what a guy like that is thinking.

Not sure what this post is getting at considering we didn't let up on Saturday. What more do you want? I'd love to return to those days when every game against a non-ranked opponent was almost certain to be a blow out. But that's not our birthright. We're not going to win all our games just by our fans demanding it. Other teams are going to have good players and play hard too.

While I am not going to argue against your premise, Knapp, the title of that article was Overconfidence? An easy answer,

244419_o.gif

Apparently, they did not learn their lesson either. As we know our offense set a new B1G total offense record, and the article notes:

Nebraska, however, punched them back, racking up 784 yards of total offense – the most ever against an FAU team.

That was a complete shellacking, not an ugly win that came down to the wire and a few bad plays by FAU. Furthermore, it seems that this false sense of superiority is not limited to how they view Nebraska. There next game is against current #2, Alabama, and the DC is quoted as saying in reference to that game:

It's about our defense. If we get lined up and we read our keys, and we fit the plays the way we're supposed to fit them, and we are in position to make plays, and we make plays, we'll beat anybody. If we don't we won't beat anybody.

Really!?

Nebraska needs to show they can dominate their opponents and not let lesser teams hang around, but this is a case of a naive team acting that way. Someone just needs to let this CB know,

You-Are-so-Dumb-Antoine-Dodson-Reaction-

Umm...it's the coaches job to give confidence to his team that they will succeed if they do things the way they are supposed to and work hard at it. It's not his job to say..."you know what? You have no chance of winning this week. Let's just hope we don't get injured."

He is a coach. The player needs to build confidence in his own mind while working hard at doing what the coach wants him to do.

Other than this being discussed in the media, I don't understand the puzzlement on these statements.

• Fire 1

While I agree with you that our guys should use his words as motivation, I don't agree with pretty much the rest of your take on it, and here's why:

What do we expect FAU players to say? "Man, we were scared as hell to go in there to their stadium. I about pooped my pants when I saw that team come out of the tunnel."??? Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. Ever.

• Fire 1