Game 4 “Expert” Picks: Miami @ Nebraska

Saunders

I was listening to Les Miles yesterday discussing Middle linebacker play. He says the days of big MIKE backers is nearing an end in college football, one big slow linebacker on the field, you better have speed to burn in every other backfield position. He recruits totally different in that category. Speed is the number one requirement.

Are we moving towards that. You guys know far more about that than I do.

And have to agree Saunders, really enjoy getting this information, thanks for taking the time to make our lives much easier, and informed. +1

I was listening to Les Miles yesterday discussing Middle linebacker play. He says the days of big MIKE backers is nearing an end in college football, one big slow linebacker on the field, you better have speed to burn in every other backfield position. He recruits totally different in that category. Speed is the number one requirement.

And have to agree Saunders, really enjoy getting this information, thanks for taking the time to make our lives much easier, and informed. +1

Look at one of our best LB's over the last 10 years: Lavonte David.

A safety style body/ hit like a ton of bricks but be able to cover a lot of ground...

With the mobile QB's out there today, the Urlacher types arent going to cut it.

God i wish we still had Lavonte.

I don't see this game being a close game. One of two things will more than likely happen. We either beat them up front running all over them until they fold like a folding chair, or we get no pass rush and their two speedy receivers kill us for score after score. I think this game will be won by either team by at least 14 points.

Look at one of our best LB's over the last 10 years: Lavonte David.

A safety style body/ hit like a ton of bricks but be able to cover a lot of ground...

With the mobile QB's out there today, the Urlacher types arent going to cut it.

God i wish we still had Lavonte.

I'd settle for a healthy Rose.

I don't see this game being a close game. One of two things will more than likely happen. We either beat them up front running all over them until they fold like a folding chair, or we get no pass rush and their two speedy receivers kill us for score after score. I think this game will be won by either team by at least 14 points.

If we win by 14+ do the national pundits give us credit or discredit Miami?

If we win by 14+ do the national pundits give us credit or discredit Miami?

Well, being that NU is the favorite there is not a ton to gain from this game, except for being 4-0.

A big loss for Miami probably means that Al Golden will be canned at the end of the year.