Mike Pereira: Nebraska's Bo Pelini once again crosses the line with officials

zoogs

Well, I said it last week after rewatching the 95 orange bowl that most of those hits on Costa would have been flagged. This play proves my point.

If football fans (especially Husker fans) dream of having a defense that terrorizes QBs like ours did in the 90s, you are going to be greatly disappointed for the rest of your life. It simply can't be done with the rules the way they are and those rules aren't going to go backwards.

We had one in 2009. Admittedly, that was with a once-in-a-lifetime player, but it can be done.

A Bad Call, Bo reacted, in my opinion under control. Calmed down quickly, and got the team focused. A huge step for Bo, shows growth. Maybe a good step for the future.

Sure he got a little angry, but most would have it seems to me.

Possibly some good came from the poor call. In past situations, this would have been enough to change the team, and lose the game. I see it as a positive, not happy about the call, but the overall reaction by Bo and the Team.

Does Bo even get that animated if he doesnt hear the call after all that just went on with the fight and all? I mean, emotions quickly spiraled out of control for everyone. And in the perspective of the moment, after seein the bs of the fight, he hears the INT is given back on nothing less than a bs roughing call. It was just a compilation of high emotion instances in that short period of time the lead to him bein so angry. Peria obviously has not understanding whatsoever of the situation.

After watching the replay, that flag was thrown WAY too late. It's almost as if the ref saw the pick and then threw the flag. You can see it on the initial play; the flag doesn't come out until Gerry is already back past the original LOS. It was a chicken sh#t call for sure

The flag came out right away. You can see VV already throwing his arms up as he stands up and the flag lands. There is a delay because the ref has to see the play, grab his flag and throw it. Considering the contact didn't occur until after the ball was thrown, it's possible that the flag didn't hit the ground until Gerry had already intercepted the pass but that's irrelevant.

I would guess Pelini was more upset about the cheap shots and that just put things over the edge.

Well Pereira — whose sole purpose on TV is literal interpretation of the rulebook — is noting that Pelini was making the wrong argument with the refs. The roughing call was bullsh#t, but the interception didn't negate the call. If Pelini is taking a risk by going on the field and getting in a ref's face, he shouldn't waste it on the wrong argument.

The perception that Pelini has approached or crossed the line with refs isn't new or unfounded.

The big change is that this team decided to double-down instead of falling apart. There will be other sh**ty calls this season. The only revenge is shaking them off and winning in spite of them.

For those who didn't watch the coverage on ESPN2, Brock Huard spent the fourth quarter mocking Miami; if you want to talk trash, you better stop the other team from walking all over you. And Nebraska is running through Miami at will.

That's how I like this team to respond.

• Fire 3

Well Pereira — whose sole purpose on TV is literal interpretation of the rulebook — is noting that Pelini was making the wrong argument with the refs. The roughing call was bullsh#t, but the interception didn't negate the call. If Pelini is taking a risk by going on the field and getting in a ref's face, he shouldn't waste it on the wrong argument.

The perception that Pelini has approached or crossed the line with refs isn't new or unfounded.

The big change is that this team decided to double-down instead of falling apart. There will be other sh**ty calls this season. The only revenge is shaking them off and winning in spite of them.

For those who didn't watch the coverage on ESPN2, Brock Huard spent the fourth quarter mocking Miami; if you want to talk trash, you better stop the other team from walking all over you. And Nebraska is running through Miami at will.

That's how I like this team to respond.

Another one of his quotes was "being a tough guy is not talking and fighting. Being a tough guys is playing well in the run game and not gettin run on for 300 yards", or somethin along those lines. It sure sounded like even Huard was fed up.

If this dude wants to write an article, write it about an exchange like this:

That's navy coach calling out the ref going into halftime. He specifically ran over to the ref to say whatever it was he wanted to say.

Or how about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBpoWy3lqgY

A flippin AD and a member of the Football Playoff Committee. You think him running all the way from who knows where to talk to the refs isn't out of line?

Brian Kelly is pretty freakin' bad.

That could have easily been a call that cost us the game. The game was too tight to be making a call like that. That's my opinion. I'm usually one that will easily agree with a ref if the penalty truly is a penalty. This was a call that truly could have went either way. With a game like this, why play a possible role in the final outcome of the game?

In the end, we played on, and didn't let it sway our ability to win.