Are Armstrong's completions enough?

I don't like the argument that TA is lucky when INTs are dropped. If you watch enough college football, INTs are dropped all over the place. QBs get away with dropped INTs all the time, it's not just TA.

+1 DBs and LBs have drops just like WRs. Happens a few times in every (High School/College/NFL) football game. I don't think anyone keeps a "dropped int" stat, it's just an incompletion.

I like what I see from Tommy in the running game. He has put the "read" back in zone read. As far as I care, he only needs to be a serviceable passer, and has shown to be more than that.

Is Michigan States defense better or even as good as last year? I don't think so. No doubt they are a good defense, well coached, but if iirc, and I think I do, we gashed them pretty good last year in the run game including a 40 or 50+ yarder to the house by Imani Cross in the 3rd qtr. No reason we shouldn't be able to do the same this year with what arguably is an even more potent rushing attack. (Don't know how to attach previous quotes yet and don't care to take the time at the moment, but this is in reply to those who believe the 6,7,8 yard gashes will not be there.) We take care of the ball and the defense steps up we could roll. Expect it to be one hell of a game though.

Is Michigan States defense better or even as good as last year? I don't think so. No doubt they are a good defense, well coached, but if iirc, and I think I do, we gashed them pretty good last year in the run game including a 40 or 50+ yarder to the house by Imani Cross in the 3rd qtr. No reason we shouldn't be able to do the same this year with what arguably is an even more potent rushing attack. (Don't know how to attach previous quotes yet and don't care to take the time at the moment, but this is in reply to those who believe the 6,7,8 yard gashes will not be there.) We take care of the ball and the defense steps up we could roll. Expect it to be one hell of a game though.

IMO the MSU defense is worse, and our offense is better. Injuries on our defense worry me.

Just so it's out there: MSU's total defensive ranking is: 14th in the nation

NU's total defensive ranking is: 31st in the nation

MSU's total offensive ranking is: 22nd in the nation

NU's total offensive ranking is: 9th in the nation

MSU is worse on defense this year than last year, but I think they're better on offense than they were last year. Of course our offense and defense is better at this point in the season than they were last year.

Tommy has to go through his progressions, stop staring down receivers, and keep the ball safe. AA will do what he does, but we need to suck them into the run and then burn them on PA passes kinda like we did with Illinois last night. I'm worried about our LB's ability to stop the short passes from them given their slow lateral speed. Sideline to sideline isn't something they do well.

Tommy just needs to pay attention to his tendencies this week, how teams are focusing on them and do his best to break those tendencies. Easier said than done, but it would throw MSU off if he did that's for sure. When all else fails. Find a way to get AA, Tommy, Newby and Cross on the field at the same time. MSU, hell any team for that matter, can't do much to stop that group of players.

• Fire 1

MSU is worse on defense this year than last year, but I think they're better on offense than they were last year.

Have to keep in mind they played Oregon.

MSU is worse on defense this year than last year, but I think they're better on offense than they were last year.

Have to keep in mind they played Oregon.

Oregon had a total of 491 total yards offense against MSU. Outside of Oregon MSU has played Jacksonville State, Eastern Michigan, and Wyoming. Not saying our schedule is full of juggernauts thus far, but I'm just saying..........

All of this is nice, but next week, those 7, 8, or 20 yard runs aren't going to be there. WRs aren't going to be wide open 40 yards downfield very often, and picks won't be dropped.

A sub 50% passing performance and splitting defenders' numbers won't cut it when the defense is keying on Ameer and forcing Tommy to beat them.

From subject to subject, you are the most negative poster on this form. Are you trolling?
Just keeping it real, brah.

Things aren't all lollipops, rainbows, and unicorns.

And a 50% completion ratio isn't Armaggedon.

• Fire 1

All of this is nice, but next week, those 7, 8, or 20 yard runs aren't going to be there. WRs aren't going to be wide open 40 yards downfield very often, and picks won't be dropped.

A sub 50% passing performance and splitting defenders' numbers won't cut it when the defense is keying on Ameer and forcing Tommy to beat them.

From subject to subject, you are the most negative poster on this form. Are you trolling?
Just keeping it real, brah.

Things aren't all lollipops, rainbows, and unicorns.

And a 50% completion ratio isn't Armaggedon.

but an average of 50% or less WILL eventually catch up with you!

• Fire 1