#19 in AP poll

We won't jump too high if we win, at least I don't think so, probably due to the same attitude that is reflecting after this Oregon loss. A team loses a game and instantly loses all credibility as a good football team. I guess I just don't get that line of thinking. I know if Nebraska wins all we will hear immediately following is that Michigan St. was simply not as good a team as once thought. Thus, taking away any real credit away from Nebraska for beating them. The reality is Nebraska, Michigan State, and Oregon are probably all pretty damn good football teams.

It's really hard to win them all in this game today. Oregon is a hell of an example of that difficulty. They are as explosive as anybody on any given Saturday, if not more explosive, yet each year they hit a bump in the road. Almost every team does. I think a huge emphasis now is placed on not 'if' you lose, but 'when' you lose.

Hypothetically... we beat Michigan St. I see us jumping into top 15 easy. Anyone else? Or does this go down as the, Nebraska wins but only because MSU must have had a bad night and we move up two spots...

It's a ranking of all the teams. So, you have to wait for all the games to be played to see where we land. Nobody is going to watch that game and say, "well, Nebraska looks like a #14 team, so let me build the rest of my rankings around that."

I think some voters have been holding us down, waiting to see how we do against a good team and we'll likely get a nice boost with a win, depending how the rest of Saturday goes.

We won't jump too high if we win, at least I don't think so, probably due to the same attitude that is reflecting after this Oregon loss. A team loses a game and instantly loses all credibility as a good football team. I guess I just don't get that line of thinking. I know if Nebraska wins all we will hear immediately following is that Michigan St. was simply not as good a team as once thought. Thus, taking away any real credit away from Nebraska for beating them. The reality is Nebraska, Michigan State, and Oregon are probably all pretty damn good football teams.

It's really hard to win them all in this game today. Oregon is a hell of an example of that difficulty. They are as explosive as anybody on any given Saturday, if not more explosive, yet each year they hit a bump in the road. Almost every team does. I think a huge emphasis now is placed on not 'if' you lose, but 'when' you lose.

I'M NOT SO SURE THAT OREGON ISN'T TRENDING DOWNWARD. I'M NOT SO SURE THAT WAS JUST A BUMP IN THE ROAD AS MUCH AS IT WAS BEING ON A ROUGH STRETCH OF ROAD THAT MAY NOT END ANYTIME SOON FOR THEM. THEIR OFFENSIVE LINE IS ALL KINDS OF A MESS RIGHT NOW. THEY COULD BARELY RUN THE BALL AT ALL AND EVEN IF THEY DO FINISH UP AND HAVE A GOOD YEAR THIS YEAR, THEIR DEFENSE HAS TAKEN A STEP BACK AND I COULD SEE THEM FALLING OFF A CLIFF WHEN MARIOTA LEAVES.

The fact that if we were to beat MSU and not likely be in the Top 10 really bothers me. At this point I think it's unlikely we would jump 9 spots with one win and I can appreciate that to a certain degree, but the fact that a 6-0 team with a ranked win, and a top 10 (5) offense and solid defense is a little ridiculous. Maybe I'm in a fishbowl a little bit? Idk

• Fire 1

The fact that if we were to beat MSU and not likely be in the Top 10 really bothers me. At this point I think it's unlikely we would jump 9 spots with one win and I can appreciate that to a certain degree, but the fact that a 6-0 team with a ranked win, and a top 10 (5) offense and solid defense is a little ridiculous. Maybe I'm in a fishbowl a little bit? Idk

I JUST WANT TO WIN. I GIVE TWO CRAPS WHERE IT PUTS US IN THE POLLS.

• Fire 2

If we beat MSU, it would be quite reasonable for people to say MSU was simply not as good as once thought especially when you consider at this juncture of their season they have lost one third of their games. We're also learning that Oregon isn't as good as once thought considering they nearly lost to lowly Washington State and now have lost to unranked Arizona. We're soon going to find out potentially several other teams aren't as good as once thought as well. There are several teams in the top 10 who play each other before season's end. All we have to do is keep winning, and we'll jump those one loss teams. Just looking at the schedules, Florida State seems to be the only team with a somewhat easy path to the playoff. Notre Dame is the only team on their remaining schedule that is ranked.

Here is what is frustrating.

Texas A&M starts the season at #21 and beats #9 South Carolina in week 1, catapulting them up 12 spots to #9 themselves. Except that South Carolina is now unranked.

So Texas A&M is at #6 in the nation with the resume of beating:

unranked South Carolina (3-2),

unranked FCS Lamar (3-2),

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Arkansas (barely) (3-2).

Meanwhile, Nebraska is at #19 in the nation with the resume of beating:

unranked Florida Atlantic (2-4),

#4 FCS McNeese State (2-1),

unranked Fresno State (2-3),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

The resumes are honestly and literally remarkably similar.

• Fire 5

Good god that caps lock sh#t is dumb. I am sure it is a not funny inside joke from the wood shed, and that is probably where it should stay.

BLAME GSG5545. HE STARTED CAPS LOCK FRIDAY. JUST ROLL WITH IT.

Good god that caps lock sh#t is dumb. I am sure it is a not funny inside joke from the wood shed, and that is probably where it should stay.

OH NO YOU DIDNT

Haha sorry... I woke up pretty drunk-hungover and it must have rubbed me the wrong way, I barely remember writing that... I might still be drunk... gonna be a long day

Texas A&M starts the season at #21 and beats #9 South Carolina in week 1, catapulting them up 12 spots to #9 themselves. Except that South Carolina is now unranked.

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

S....E....

• Fire 1

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

S....E....

... X?

REPORTED!

• Fire 6