#19 in AP poll

Here is what is frustrating.

Texas A&M starts the season at #21 and beats #9 South Carolina in week 1, catapulting them up 12 spots to #9 themselves. Except that South Carolina is now unranked.

So Texas A&M is at #6 in the nation with the resume of beating:

unranked South Carolina (3-2),

unranked FCS Lamar (3-2),

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Arkansas (barely) (3-2).

Meanwhile, Nebraska is at #19 in the nation with the resume of beating:

unranked Florida Atlantic (2-4),

#4 FCS McNeese State (2-1),

unranked Fresno State (2-3),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

The resumes are honestly and literally remarkably similar.

I'm sure they get the benefit of the doubt because they're in the SEC, but don't overlook their remaining schedule. Six out of their last seven games are against ranked opponents. Two of those remaining games are against teams ranked in the top five. It's extremely likely they'll lose one if not two of their remaining seven games. Again, all we have to do is keep winning and we'll eventually jump them unless they do something remarkable.

The fact that if we were to beat MSU and not likely be in the Top 10 really bothers me. At this point I think it's unlikely we would jump 9 spots with one win and I can appreciate that to a certain degree, but the fact that a 6-0 team with a ranked win, and a top 10 (5) offense and solid defense is a little ridiculous. Maybe I'm in a fishbowl a little bit? Idk

I JUST WANT TO WIN. I GIVE TWO CRAPS WHERE IT PUTS US IN THE POLLS.

Agreed...the game just needs to be played now. It's been excrutiating!

The fact that if we were to beat MSU and not likely be in the Top 10 really bothers me. At this point I think it's unlikely we would jump 9 spots with one win and I can appreciate that to a certain degree, but the fact that a 6-0 team with a ranked win, and a top 10 (5) offense and solid defense is a little ridiculous. Maybe I'm in a fishbowl a little bit? Idk

We might both be in that fish bowl because if that turns out to be the case, then it is freakin ridiculous.

Texas A&M starts the season at #21 and beats #9 South Carolina in week 1, catapulting them up 12 spots to #9 themselves. Except that South Carolina is now unranked.

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

When you're right you are right, which is rare....but +1.

This just goes back to my decades long gripe about pre-season rankings.

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

If we're being honest, the thing that makes the resumes dissimilar is barely holding on against an FCS opponent at home. We'd easily be top 15 looking to break into the top 10 with a win against MSU if it weren't for that. Not that any of it really matters at this point in the season. We'll easily be top 10 - maybe top 5 if we're 9-0 going into Madison.

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

If we're being honest, the thing that makes the resumes dissimilar is barely holding on against an FCS opponent at home. We'd easily be top 15 looking to break into the top 10 with a win against MSU if it weren't for that. Not that any of it really matters at this point in the season. We'll easily be top 10 - maybe top 5 if we're 9-0 going into Madison.
So we can skip over A & M getting a 14 point 4th quarter comeback to beat a team in overtime who has lost 14 straight conference games?

unranked Rice (1-3),

unranked SMU (0-4),

unranked Miami (3-2),

unranked Illinois (3-2).

So we can skip over A & M getting a 14 point 4th quarter comeback to beat a team in overtime who has lost 14 straight conference games?
Skip over? No. Pretend it's the same as almost losing to an FCS opponent at home? Also no.

A&M losses will only happen because the SEC West is so elite. They should fall no further than 7th in the nation.

Why should they fall no further than 7th when the only reason they are in the top 10 in the first place is because of a win over a top 10 team that isn't actually a top 10 team?

• Fire 1

The SEC justifies their poll bias by association 'we play against Bama/LSU therefore we are in the their tier.' But the middle of their conference doesn't play like that so they shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt.

And the polls will matter plenty when comparing 11-1 teams in Nov. They are going to chirp "we beat #9 South Carolina, who'd you beat?'

Yep. I have notice that they never seem to talk about where those teams are at now, but where they were when they played. If Miami goes on to win their division it won't hold weight because they had already lost early and weren't ranked when we played them. On the other hand, Bama will tote they beat #11 Ole Miss in their house even after they are 7-5 and ranked #25 (Of course they would still be ranked).

This. It's not even fixable at this point. The SEC west thing is a self fulfilling prophecy at this point. Ole miss is the best example. They have zero quality wins and struggled mightily with Memphis last week yet they vault up to 11. Now, when Bama beats them that's another win against a top 15 team who as mentioned could easily have 4 or 5 losses by the end of the year.

This is never going to change at this point. Luckily the polls don't mean a whole lot any more. Its not worth getting worked up about.