Is Michigan State our new 'Oklahoma'?

While Iowa may want to be our next "Oklahoma", I think it is pretty obvious to most that Wisc will eventually fill that role. I would very much like to see the Wisc replace Iowa as the game after Thanksgiving. Yes, we have the new rival trophy wt Iowa but a trophy doesn't make a rival. The rival has to be a team we are competing with year in and year out to win either the div championship or the conf championship. If we met OSU every year in the CCG - that would spark a rivalry. However, we won't be playing OSU every year in conf play so it will be hard for that to develop. I'm just waiting for NU as a team to become consistent enough and win some of these big games so that we can be considered someone's rival.

Rivalries are created because you have two teams that are after the same thing, a certain bowl game, a conference title or a trip to the National Title. Oklahoma was all three. Winner to the Orange Bowl as the conference champions and, in a number of cases, to play for the national title.

This is something that's starting to drive me a little nuts. We gotta get out of the past guys. It's ok to embrace our history, but we gotta stop trying to live in it. No wonder we keep falling a little more and more behind. No one's ever gonna be what Oklahoma was to us. But by god, Sparty and Wiscy can and most likely will be Sparty and Wiscy to us.

• Fire 1

I would very much like to see the Wisc replace Iowa as the game after Thanksgiving.

I endorse this, for a number of reasons. Really, really high up on that list is I'm tired of crappy weather and injuries leveling the playing field for the Hawkeyes. Better to just wipe the floor with them to open October every year.

I would very much like to see the Wisc replace Iowa as the game after Thanksgiving.

I endorse this, for a number of reasons. Really, really high up on that list is I'm tired of crappy weather and injuries leveling the playing field for the Hawkeyes. Better to just wipe the floor with them to open October every year.

Husker fans sound like the girl that is dating a guy but secretly wants to date the guy who hasn't noticed her.

Just beat everyone no matter when they play. It shouldn't matter when

• Fire 1

I see that role belonging to Wisconsin.

Thats a big negatory ghost rider...

I'm not sure why everyone is so wrapped up in who our new rival is. That has to be built over years of lop sided victories, crushing defeats, and bad blood. Hell, Miami is more of a rival than Mich St and Wiskey combined.

Since we are the NKOTB and most have rivals already established, maybe we will create one with Rutgers or the Tarpins?

IDK whatever that Maryland turtle thing is called lol