Bo on the Tuesday B1G Conference call - Abdullah's knee, the future of the D Line

knapplc

I've helped Zrod a bit before....I'll do what I can to answer questions...but others can definitely chime in because I don't have all the answers...from my professional perspective, when Abdullah planted and immediately let up on his injured limb, I got a bit worried.

As a patient of PT several times before due to my weightlifting hobby, I got worried as well. He loses his shiftyness, he's not a factor.

• Fire 1

Wow. Never knew that a couple of you guys were involved in PT on here. I just got done crossing the T's and dotting the I's on my PT school app. I'm just waiting to hear back from schools now.

It's hard to tell how severe Ameer's sprain is without seeing his actual MRI. But from what we know, based on the way we've been downplaying it (whether that is strategic or not), Ameer's track record of extraordinary resilience and durability, and his excellent lower body strength and bulk, I'd throw my hat in the grade 1 ring. As Polo and Chaddy already stated, grade 1 is typically 2 weeks recovery time so he'd be on track to be done the day of the Wiscy game.

I believe the injury occurred when big #14, a DL, rolled onto AA's left leg as he was being tackled on that 4th down. That's a bit concerning. However, I could be wrong. It could've been when he planted and went down on the play Chaddy mentioned.He's a very well-built guy, and squatting as much as he does means his connective tissue (ligaments, tendons) are less prone to injury (and hopefully reinjury) than Joe Blow. That's the good news.

Bad news, again has already been alluded to... since it's MCL it will affect his cutting and planting which is his biggest asset. This type of injury would be less concerning for a big north-south back like Cross, but it could very well hinder AA's shiftiness.

We'll have to see. Everything sounds positive, but seeing the injury again leaves me a bit less optimistic than I was before. But AA is a warrior so I'm sure if anyone is going to be able to recover and put themselves on the field in two weeks, it'd be him. He knows how much these next three games mean and I'm sure as the unquestioned leader of our team he doesn't want to miss a minute.

• Fire 1

Well...I have a PTA(Physical Thrapist Assistant) degree with an inactive license right now since I am not practicing....

And I have a Bachelor's with a concentration in Exercise Science. I don't know what Polo does, but I can tell ya my current job is in inventory control and procurement....nothing related to my degrees lol. Maybe someday I'll pracTice PT. I do enjoy it...and miss it.

This is mostly just personal experience on my end. Make sure you stretch before athletic endeavors, you guys.

Well...I have a PTA(Physical Thrapist Assistant) degree with an inactive license right now since I am not practicing....

And I have a Bachelor's with a concentration in Exercise Science. I don't know what Polo does, but I can tell ya my current job is in inventory control and procurement....nothing related to my degrees lol. Maybe someday I'll pracTice PT. I do enjoy it...and miss it.

This is mostly just personal experience on my end. Make sure you stretch before athletic endeavors, you guys.

Such as intercourse with 2 chicks at on time?

Actually I think the advice today is to warm up adequately before an activity, and static stretching before physical exertion has little to no affect on injury prevention and can sometime hinder performance.

Actually I think the advice today is to warm up adequately before an activity, and static stretching before physical exertion has little to no affect on injury prevention and can sometime hinder performance.

Well at least I have an excuse now.

Dan Hoppen ‏@danhoppen

Interesting nugget from Bo Pelini: said the whole defensive line is coming back. Does that include Gregory, a likely top 10 pick?

I doubt if Bo (or anyone) knows what Gregory is going to do after the season yet.

I agree, I'm sure Gregory's head right now is concentrating on the rest of the season, and not beyond it.

I am sure that he is already surrounded by new friends and advisors who know exactly how much money a Top 5 Draft Pick can make. Gregory will play well for the reasons he's always played well, but he is leaving college early for sure riches in the NFL and everyone is operating on that assumption.

A lot of power lifters don't stretch at all because it loosens the muscles. It was explained to me by my friend who is a competitive lifter. He said that you will actually lift heavier when not stretching cause your muscles are trying to get back to the original starting point at the beginning of the lift. He said it's like being a rubber band when you lift and don't stretch. The only warm up they do is a few sets of the lift that they are going to be doing.