Path to the Top 4

Amac3309

Why would we want Miss St to win? UT Martin beating them has to pretty much eliminate them from the playoffs.

IMO we don't want a bunch of 1 loss SEC teams it would be way better for our path to have one dominant undefeated SEC team knowing they will get in, that gives all the others 2 losses and we have a better argument

Thanks for doing the legwork.

While I would love to see the Huskers in the playoffs, I also want them to prove to us they deserve to be there.

If they play like garbage against Wisconsin but squeak out a win, same with Minnesota and Iowa... even if they beat MICH ST/OHIO ST... I am not sure they have done enough to deserve a spot.

I love the Huskers.. want to see them get there, but also think we would be kidding ourselves if we actually thought this team was deserving of a playoff spot right now.

win your next 3 games big and play a clean game against Michigan State and then we can talk.

That being said... for "good football reasons" I dont want FSU there.. If i had to pick 4 teams I want to see if Nebraska cant be there: Miss St/Alabama/TCU/Michigan State

Oregon needs to prove they can win a big game first.

TCU has a chance to prove me putting there up there this weekend.

We will all feel like fools if this blows up in our face. But it sure is fun for now, speculating...

Personally, while an undefeated Miss. State team reigning supreme in the SEC may give us the best shot to eliminate a second SEC chance from getting in, I'm all in favor of everyone in the SEC West winding up with 2 losses to watch some of the team's fanbases meltdown when they're left out.

There's a scenario where if they get to the eighth tiebreaker in the West they determine the winner by coin flip. Friday Night Lights style...

Why would we want Miss St to win? UT Martin beating them has to pretty much eliminate them from the playoffs.

IMO we don't want a bunch of 1 loss SEC teams it would be way better for our path to have one dominant undefeated SEC team knowing they will get in, that gives all the others 2 losses and we have a better argument

If Miss St gets into a 4 team playoff with a loss to UT Martin, we should just blow the whole system up and go back to old school slotted bowl games.

We win the B1G, I don't think we aren't in the discussion.

I disagree if Oregon, and Notre Dame win out.

May find the Big12 Champ out too.

Can we merge this with my original thread "Playoff picture"?

Honest question, with no underlying intent, other than to get a clue. It seems there are a lot of "thread police" on this board......either wanting to merge threads, lock threads, complain about threads being unnecessary. I guess maybe I don't know why this is so, but I just read threads as they come up. Maybe I'm just a simpleton.

I really feel like we're sittin in a very similar situation to that of Michigan St a year. When they had 3 games left, it was a trip to Lincoln that was looming next. And that quite frankly wound up being their coming out party offensively and for their quarterback, in a very tough place to play, against a team who has owned you. Sound familiar?

Look, I know there seems to be a lot of issues. But it's all very fixable things. There is a chance. We just keep waiting for this light to come on and this team to explode on the scene. By the end of the season last year, Mich. St woulda been in the playoffs. Maybe we're that team this year. That gets that eye opening double digit win in a tough place like Madison and gets put on that "hot team" list and gets in. That would just be phenomenal.

sparty didn't get to the top 4 until after the bowls

It is a travest if a one loss BIG team gets shafted for a 2nd SEC team. How can you be national champion if you didn't win your conference?

So I'm guessing you hate professional sports...
All division champions get in the playoffs and then they allow wild cards. We're talking about a 4 team playoff, you should need to win your conference to get in.

Honest question, with no underlying intent, other than to get a clue. It seems there are a lot of "thread police" on this board......either wanting to merge threads, lock threads, complain about threads being unnecessary. I guess maybe I don't know why this is so, but I just read threads as they come up. Maybe I'm just a simpleton.

Well because this thread and the one I started about the playoff picture before, are virtually the same thing. I put more time than I should have into my thread I started, I guess I didn't want to see it die, when someone posts the exact same thing...or about 75% of the same thing. The discussion is great, I just wanted the info in the same place is all.

• Fire 1

Well because this thread and the one I started about the playoff picture before, are virtually the same thing. I put more time into my thread I started, I guess I didn't want to see it die, when someone posts the exact same thing...or about 75% of the same thing. The discussion is great, I just wanted the info in the same place is all.
Why not merge yours into here? Where the actual discussion is happening.

Well because this thread and the one I started about the playoff picture before, are virtually the same thing. I put more time into my thread I started, I guess I didn't want to see it die, when someone posts the exact same thing...or about 75% of the same thing. The discussion is great, I just wanted the info in the same place is all.
Why not merge yours into here? Where the actual discussion is happening.

Either one, I don't care. I asked to merge before the discussion got going...

Assuming that aTm blows out Auburn (#3) in the fashion currently occurring, let's say a final score in the range of aTm 55-60 and Auburn 28-35, will Auburn drop below us? They should, I think, but who knows with the SEC.

That would be an unforeseen loss to an unranked aTm that most didn't see coming. Or does that somehow vault the Aggies into the Top 15 or higher?

Speculation I know, but in a fun way. Rarely do I find myself wanting to scream Go Aggies! or War Dog or whatever they say there. Pass the Mason Jar? Nah, that's going too far, even for me.