OSU??

C N Red

Mixed feelings here. We matched up well for a rematch against Sparty. On field turf in a dome rather than shaggy long, over watered grass at MSU. We would have tested their D much like OSU did. I don't know how we matchup against OSU. Haven't really watched them enough. I do know that last time we played them we were on our game and leading early. Then we fell apart like happens so often in the limelight.

NU can and should win if they play their A game and limit mistakes. They don't have to be perfect but a solid game.

As far as the rankings this week... we will not fall due to MSU's loss. The committee has shown that 2 loss teams drop below 1 loss teams unless there is extreme disparity in the resumes. Our 1 loss by 5 points on the road to MSU does not equal extreme disparity to MSU's losses @ Oregon and home to OSU.

I really don't care about the whole playoff mess at all right now. We need to first beat three opponents that beat us last year and then win the big ten championship game. If that happens, I'm happy. I really don't think we make the playoffs even if we win out. The preception of the conference is too weak. The loss by sparty hurts that preception even more. We need to worry about the things we can control. Win out. Win the conference.

• Fire 1

I agree with Jax. The only thing in our control is to beat Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa at the moment. Doing that will put us in the B1G championship game. The rankings will be what they are, and I think we just need to collectively ignore them for the time being.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Nebraska stay right where they are in the polls, even with a couple of teams ahead of them losing. I'm guessing we'll drop a spot or two with MSU being ranked ahead of us. We'll see in a few hours. :)

I don't like it. Assuming we win out, I liked our chances in a rematch against MSU. We know what we're getting with them, and it's usually a bit tough to beat a team twice in one season.

Now, for OSU.. there's some good and some bad. They like to sling the ball around which plays into our defensive strengths. However, under Pelini we seem to have a tendency to get out-coached, so going up against Urban Meyer is probably not in our best interest.

Won't matter unless we win out though, and as herky-jerky as we've been most of the season I'm not counting on it. Might be for the best though, another blowout loss in CCG might be worse than missing out.

It sure didn't help us any. Beating MSU in the ccg would have allowed us to tidy up our only loss of the year. Facing tOSU does not afford us the same benefit and also I believe they will be much more difficult to defeat. Of course this assumes we take care of business these next three games and I am fully expecting one or two losses so it probably won't matter at all. I've got to see us win a big game before I'll believe it can happen.

Just means if we make it to Indy, we likely play them unless they have an epic collapse here at the end of the season, which I doubt. I didn't want to play OSU in Indy, they have a mobile QB and we don't do well against these QB's. Covering your assignments and being where you are supposed to be becomes that much more important. We've left the middle of the field wide open for a run several times this season, we just haven't faced a JT Barrett type of player to exploit that. Having said that, we can only control the next game we play. We HAVE to win out so we don't play this, "Well if this team loses to this team we're still good because we beat them and yada yada yada." My biggest worry is Wisconsin right now, it's on national television, again, and I'm tired of Wisconsin beating us down on national television. This has to stop, enough is enough, either this team rises up to the challenge and says they've had enough and shows it on the field. Or we stay an average team........

Michigan State winning helped the Huskers' playoff hopes more than OSU winning does, but making the playoff is an outside chance anyway.

The Huskers will be fine against any team in the country if we play our A-game. If we don't, we will struggle against any team. It's all about the Huskers, who remain 8-1 against themselves so far this year.

Of course, some fans will want to get a head start on the hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing, so... have fun with that.