I'm thru with Pelini

9 - 4 is excellent....provided you are showing signs of improvement and an upward trend in big games. 9 - 4 is not good enough if those 4 losses are total embarrassments and always against teams we should be able to beat, or at least be competitive. Sadly, despite that fact we'll plummet for a year or two minimum...it is time for change...top to bottom.

I think this is an excellent example the same problems for bo on year one are the same in year 7. I don't know if the new coach is the answer but whatever this staff is doing is not working

It's funny that this game somehow surprised people. This was nothing new. We know what we have: Mediocre, inexperienced coaches and slightly above average talent.

And we need to truly worry about Minnesota. Let that sink in.............

Of course we need to worry about Minnesota.....last I checked they were a good team. Baylor used to be a doormat also. Times have changed.

nebraska got beat today bad, and i just broke out in a laugh..i thought it was too good to take nu seriously, it happens every year under bo. i am not sure if the teams are just that bad talent wise, or the coaching, but its same thing year after year...nu still could get beat yet before the year is done, minnesota is dangerous. ...i don,t dislike bo, i just think we need new blood in the system..,...7 years, and i don,t think we ever finished close to the top 10....

When we would get blown-out in his fist couple seasons, Bo would have emotional post-game pressers where he would say "This is not Nebraska football. This should not happen here. Ever. We're going to fix it."

He doesn't say that anymore. He's come to accept it's going to happen 2 or 3 times a season. So have the remainder of his supporters, sadly. "It's still better than Callahan."

I don't understand the fear of change. The Pedersen-Callahan years were a perfect storm of bad decisions. They're gone and lessons were learned. That's not going to be repeated and I don't think new blood is going to do worse than where Bo has us right now.

There's risk in any major overhaul. But, if you bury your head in the sand, the world is just going to walk around you and pass you by. It already has for Nebraska football.

• Fire 1

I used to be a Bo supporter... 180 degrees after today. It took a while for me to come around. I always wanted to give Bo the benefit of the doubt, hoping that we would finally get over the 9-4 hump.

In all of this, I hope Bo already knows today whether he will be here next year or not. If he is going to be back next year, I want to see Johnny Stanton on the football field in the next two weeks. I want to see what we have in that young man. Tommy Armstrong has shown in the last two years that he is not the answer at quarterback. In this day and age of college football, you cannot have a guy completing at or below 50% and expect to win games against quality opponents. In our biggest games, the defense has let us down, but the offense hasn't been far behind.

That's why I love the idea of a Craig Bohl / Scott Frost combination. With Craig Bohl you get a seasoned head coach with multiple national titles to his credit. He knows what system he wants to run and how he wants to run his program. Scott Frost could season under Craig Bohl's leadership as his offensive coordinator. And I don't care what anyone says, but both of these gentleman understand the culture at Nebraska. They get the fish-bowl mentality. I think both of them would be the perfect fit at the perfect time for this program.

We can do better than those two. Don't hold us to guys who have Nebraska ties. It hasn't worked since Tom left and it won't work now.

I'm not holding Nebraska to just those two options. I agree that there are other credible candidates out there. But as far as fit, and the style of play that I think Nebraska fans really want to come back to this program, I think Craig Bohl makes a whole lot of sense, and if you can get Scott Frost to come back as well then it's a win-win.

Bohl is good at small schools, he has already failed here once, and that was with the last of Tom's recruits.

AMEN

• Fire 1

I used to be a Bo supporter... 180 degrees after today. It took a while for me to come around. I always wanted to give Bo the benefit of the doubt, hoping that we would finally get over the 9-4 hump.

In all of this, I hope Bo already knows today whether he will be here next year or not. If he is going to be back next year, I want to see Johnny Stanton on the football field in the next two weeks. I want to see what we have in that young man. Tommy Armstrong has shown in the last two years that he is not the answer at quarterback. In this day and age of college football, you cannot have a guy completing at or below 50% and expect to win games against quality opponents. In our biggest games, the defense has let us down, but the offense hasn't been far behind.

We won't see Stanton on the field at this point, Bo's too stubborn and we'd be using up a year of eligibility for what maybe 3 games? That's assuming we don't make it to Indy, which would be an evil miracle to have happen cause OSU would destroy us to make a point to the playoff committee.

I'm just a fan....I don't make these kinds of decisions.

I'll still be rooting for the whole team against Minnesota, Iowa and whoever we play in the bowl game. Then if the administration hires a different staff, I won't sit on a message board and try to get some kind of weird satisfaction from badmouthing the new guys after the honeymoon is over....definitely won't pout after every loss.

Ugh...I'm not one to go after players and I understand they play hard and whatnot but...it's all about the fans. That's why they play the game. No fans...no game. Maybe I'm interpreting the post incorrectly but it sounds like you are saying we shouldn't be upset about another pathetic showing. The players play for the school (ie fans)...the product isn't what you see were it not for the fans. The fans are every bit as important as the players and coaches. There would be no need for a team without fans.

Not trying to come off like a jerk. I just don't like the argument that we have no right to be upset.

You have every right to be upset.....I'm upset......I just refuse to be part of an angry mob that thinks participation on a message board entitles them to run the program. I'm not gonna spend the next year pouting and calling people names if the administration doesn't give me what I want. Those decisions are what they were hired for and they have to weigh the pros and cons. The truth appears to be that we're just not that good yet....neither is Kansas State and a number of other teams that got unexpectedly trounced by basketball scores. Should they all trash the whole program and start over? I don't think that's for me to decide.....so in the meantime I'll just show up for the rest of the boys playing with a ball games and root for my team. Then at the end of the season if the university management decides they want to try something different, I'll be in support of that too. I really liked basketball coach Doc Sadler, but the new guy seems to be working out pretty good. Maybe they'll decide to make a switch? Maybe they're watching Craig Bohl's performance in the big leagues to see if his huge success at NDS was just a small division thing? I just think it does little good to sit around here tearing up the place. I think the opportunity to tear into our own team is the only reason some people come around.........it makes them feel important. No thanks.

I just can't talk myself into continuing my support for Pelini. One problem that has just reared its ugly head is that Will Muschamp is stepping down at Florida.

To have to compete with them for a head couch is not good. Florida in DEC., Jan, Mar. and Apr. is much more appealing than Lincoln, NE. The only good thing

might be that maybe we could lure Muschamp to replace Paps.

T_O_B

We won't see Stanton on the field at this point, Bo's too stubborn and we'd be using up a year of eligibility for what maybe 3 games? That's assuming we don't make it to Indy, which would be an evil miracle to have happen cause OSU would destroy us to make a point to the playoff committee.

Stanton is a redshirt freshmen, we are using a year of his eligibility right now with him holding a clipboard.