If you want change--vote with your feet, don't go to the Minnesota game

A cold day.

Looks like they updated the forecast to 52 degrees for Sat.

Silver Lining. Maybe things are looking up...

I'm here for ya, man.

I'll take it, thankya!

i really think it will be a good game.

enjoy your day, man. no need to worry about the big picture just this saturday.

and lincoln is always fun on game days. sneak in some fireball and you'll be good to go.

I can only hope

A cold day.

Looks like they updated the forecast to 52 degrees for Sat.

Silver Lining. Maybe things are looking up...

I'm here for ya, man.

I'll take it, thankya!

i really think it will be a good game.

enjoy your day, man. no need to worry about the big picture just this saturday.

and lincoln is always fun on game days. sneak in some fireball and you'll be good to go.

Has the makings of a good game, just really hoping for a strong showing overall so it wont be seared into my Bros memory as the first time he went. My first game was the 2004 Colorado debacle.

I think some of you give yourselves, this message board, and some of the radio shows you listen to too much credit as far as the portion of the fan base all these things represent. This is just my opinion, but I don't think there's that many people prepared to make a change. I certainly don't think there's a large portion of people that are as angry and adamant about it as some of you are.

There's probably a good amount of doubt out there, but I know Husker fans and the state of Nebraska, CHANGE is a scary, scary thing.

We will ride this out another season and next year when Wisconsin comes to Nebraska and sh#t stomps us in our house again, maybe just maybe Nebraska fans wake up a bit and actually watch the product on the field and not just the win/loss record.

Well thanks for the ray of sunshine. That might be the most depressing thing I've read on here today. Unfortunately, you probably are correct.

When I get off HuskerBoard and check out Facebook or talk to folks back in Nebraska, it's a different world.

Some would like a coordinator or two thrown under the bus. But virtually no one calling for Pelini's head.

They want change. But they want to keep Pelini.

Right--but the problem is, as it has been well documented elsewhere, that Pelini is fiercely loyal to his assistants. To a fault, it would appear.

And I would agree with the Facebook posters--keep Pelini, but reevaluate the assistants, from the top down. Some of them could be spun into more useful roles with the AD, such as recruiting coordination and scouting for football, or PR work. Barney comes to mind here.

I would like to state that I don't think bo should be the coach here anymore and NU should be on the look for a coach in the next year. But some of you guys posting are acting like kids throwing fits. I am invested into this program as well but i'm not throwing snarky remarks in every thread for every little thing done. This game is coached by people making lots of money but it is played by kids. Do any of you know what's its like to play for a major program and then need to sit on the side like and get your face kicked in and have the people you trust have no ability to fix that problem. Then as if your not feeling bad enough those loyal fans who cheer you hide behind there computers and spew the worst things about your playing ability or a mistake you made. Tearing down a person who you trust and basically throwing your entire team under the bus. Why, because the fan lost. The fan didn't lose, they didn't play the game. The player who ran his ass off up and down the field. They lost the game. Some of you guys are acting like you are the ones who got hurt, had to be embarrassed. These aren't excuses or smoke in mirrors, I would just like some of you guys to climb off the ledge and look at things from a little different perspective. I agree things need to change, but punishing the people who put everything out on the field isn't the answer. Weather they missed a tackle or not they don't get paid. They either do it for the love of the game or for the rare chance to advance to that next level. Not trying to piss anyone off, just want some of you guys to think about some of the things your saying.

• Fire 1

I think some of you give yourselves, this message board, and some of the radio shows you listen to too much credit as far as the portion of the fan base all these things represent. This is just my opinion, but I don't think there's that many people prepared to make a change. I certainly don't think there's a large portion of people that are as angry and adamant about it as some of you are.

I would agree with your opinion on this also.

This is why it's so tough for me if I was a ticket holder. Senior day. Guys like Ameer deserve to have a full stadium. I just feel there would be better ways to make a statement. We should be able to trust the folks in charge enough to make the right decisions without having to ruin what is probably the last great thing we have, and that is the perception of a loyal fanbase, win lose rain or shine.

What guys like Ameer deserved was a better leader so his last games weren't Minnesota and whomever our bowl opponent is on December 28th

To be fair, one of Ameer's last games would've been Minnesota regardless of our record. Just saying.

This thread makes me laugh. I can't believe some of the things I read on here. I don't like getting publicly embarrassed in every big game just as much as most of you, but the Senior class doesn't deserve for there to be a bunch of open seats on their day. Ameer and company has put way too much work in for that. There are many other ways to get your point across. After reading this thread, I'm not sure most of you are going to change your minds, but to me the whole thought of "boycotting the game" is bullsh#t.

• Fire 1

This is why it's so tough for me if I was a ticket holder. Senior day. Guys like Ameer deserve to have a full stadium. I just feel there would be better ways to make a statement. We should be able to trust the folks in charge enough to make the right decisions without having to ruin what is probably the last great thing we have, and that is the perception of a loyal fanbase, win lose rain or shine.

What guys like Ameer deserved was a better leader so his last games weren't Minnesota and whomever our bowl opponent is on December 28th

To be fair, one of Ameer's last games would've been Minnesota regardless of our record. Just saying.

I already pointed that out a long time ago. Thanks. ;)

If you have a ticket to the game and skip it just to "make a stand" you are a douche. Flat out hurting the program not the HC

It's a far cry then what 70-31, 408 yards in three quarters, and "we're on the right track, call Eichorst if you disagree" is doing to this program.

And besides, Bo invited them to take it up with Shawn if they want a different direction. So he shouldn't be surprised if there's empty seats as that's the quickest way to communicate at this point.

• Fire 2

No disagreement that empty seats communicate a valid point to Shawn Eichorst via slapping the face of Bo Pelini.

I'm just wondering aloud if the Seniors who've been screamed at and let down by the coaching stylings of Bo Pelini the past 4 or 5 years of their lives might deserve a stadium full of cheering fans. People who genuinely want to see them play well. What used to be called "fun."

A few empty seats and disturbingly quiet fans don't necessarily punish the right people. Especially people who got to this place by dismissing the fans and living in denial.

Pretty sure we can support the team and send Eichorst the same message: we love Nebraska football. The coach....not so much.

If the team doesn't play well in support of their beleaguered coach, that's a different story. Watching seats empty in the second half would speak louder, and the team would have earned the distinction.

I'm just wondering aloud if the Seniors who've been screamed at and let down by the coaching stylings of Bo Pelini the past 4 or 5 years of their lives might deserve a stadium full of cheering fans. People who genuinely want to see them play well. What used to be called "fun."

Most people, not all, that make this argument are not giving the players enough credit. I mean, we're talking about college educated MEN here, not kids.

True, they're still young men. But they've got enough common sense to know what's up. They're not blind to what is going on.

And to quote a phrase....

"Deserves' got nothin to do with this...."