If you want change--vote with your feet, don't go to the Minnesota game

I'm just wondering aloud if the Seniors who've been screamed at and let down by the coaching stylings of Bo Pelini the past 4 or 5 years of their lives might deserve a stadium full of cheering fans. People who genuinely want to see them play well. What used to be called "fun."

Most people, not all, that make this argument are not giving the players enough credit. I mean, we're talking about college educated MEN here, not kids.

True, they're still young men. But they've got enough common sense to know what's up. They're not blind to what is going on.

And to quote a phrase....

"Deserves' got nothin to do with this...."

Technically, we're all grown adults who have chosen to vest some personal self worth on how how well the young men in one uniform play a game of no intrinsic value.

Since that's what's "going on" we may not want to get too uppity.

Also, I added this last part to address a small but key difference:

If the team doesn't play well in support of their beleaguered coach, that's a different story. Watching seats empty in the second half would speak louder, and the team would have earned the distinction.

I'm just wondering aloud if the Seniors who've been screamed at and let down by the coaching stylings of Bo Pelini the past 4 or 5 years of their lives might deserve a stadium full of cheering fans. People who genuinely want to see them play well. What used to be called "fun."

Most people, not all, that make this argument are not giving the players enough credit. I mean, we're talking about college educated MEN here, not kids.

True, they're still young men. But they've got enough common sense to know what's up. They're not blind to what is going on.

And to quote a phrase....

"Deserves' got nothin to do with this...."

Technically, we're all grown adults who have chosen to vest some personal self worth on how how well the young men in one uniform play a game of no intrinsic value.

Since that's what's "going on" we may not want to get too uppity.

Uh, my self worth isn't determined on whether or not Nebraska is successful on the field or not. If that were the case, I wouldn't be worth much right now.

Again, these players are young men, not little kids. If you think that they're going to lose their passion for the game just because some seats are empty, that's selling them short. They play because they love to play, not because we do/don't go see them play. Nothing uppity about that.

Outside of a complete meltdown in the last two games, the only way Pelini isn't here in 2015 is (A) Gundy is hired at Florida and Oklahoma State makes a run at Pelini or (B) Skeleton closets open.

I say OSU as they're the only viable school paying a coach north of $3M that would be alright with Pelini type results. Well, I guess West Virginia would fit in that category as well, highly doubt BP would be a good fight in Morgantown though.

Outside of a complete meltdown in the last two games, the only way Pelini isn't here in 2015 is (A) Gundy is hired at Florida and Oklahoma State makes a run at Pelini or (B) Skeleton closets open.

I say OSU as they're the only viable school paying a coach north of $3M that would be alright with Pelini type results. Well, I guess West Virginia would fit in that category as well, highly doubt BP would be a good fight in Morgantown though.

And the hits just keep on coming. This is what people think happened on Saturday...and it ain't far from the truth, LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGd7w5PibE#t=38

I truly hope that does not happen or even comes close. Our loyalty is to be to the University and players and staff. I am not a fan of Bo, but I will continue to watch the games, cheer for the kids and hope the staff puts them in a position to play their best. Will never turn my back on Nebraska. I can say I will direct where my donations go. That is all I can control.