Hire top notch coordinators?

30Rozier

Sorry I don't have a link for you, and I didn't claim it was by most reports. According to my friends inside and around the program, and informed members on here such as da skers, he requested 6+ staff members.

My bad, I missed your response and didn't see it till just now..

Not sure if that poster is aware of this thread and your claim so if you can get him to this thread, I'm more than interested in discussing this further. There is so much to the situation than a simple "he requested and didn't get the number" that it's beyond ridiculous anyone - inside, around or outside the program - would say that and nothing else. Matter of fact, with a little smirk on my face, I can't imagine why anyone would do that...

There is so much to the situation than a simple "he requested and didn't get the number" that it's beyond ridiculous anyone - inside, around or outside the program - would say that and nothing else. Matter of fact, with a little smirk on my face, I can't imagine why anyone would do that...

Care to elaborate?

If Bo wanted to go get Chad Morris and/or Kirby Smart for $1.4M, do you think he would have the Administration's support? If he wanted to 10 more recruiting staffers, would their be a win-loss ultimatum attached? If we part with Bo, do you think we spend more than $4M? Can anyone answer yes to those three questions with straight face?

we are not competing in the sec. we are competing in the big 10. when we can win our division, i will worry about competing with bama.

We are not in the Top 4 of Head Coach pay or Top 3 of Staff pay in the Big Ten.

So, your saying Bo and his staff are being paid commensurate with where they typically finish in the B1G. Makes sense to me. If he/they deserved to be paid more, they would have to earn it first by fielding a better product. Throwing more money at them won't make them coach better or change their results. Performance comes before reward.

Care to elaborate?

It's touched a little on page 1 by another poster. I'm more interested in discussing it with the ones that you heard/read it from...

Don't get cryptic or act all high and mighty. He ask for you to elaborate your post, just do it or don't mention anything about it to begin with.

and if we hired joe moglia for $1, probably.

..my choice

it would be exciting and interesting at least. proven, successful ceo-type that knows how to manage and is professional. a lot of things we have not had the past 7 years.

One could argue it's been longer than 7 years.

7 years of Bo and nothing really has changed......i am burned out with him.

Ultimatums?

This one, post #32 by Polo is a pretty good way of saying things. Willie also hits it with this response. Every time Bo has asked for something, even under Osborne and the same with Eichorst, he's been told to put together a plan of attack. Unfortunately, to the few people that reviewed his plan, it wasn't very impressive, and this wasn't the first time. Instead of shutting him completely out, Eichorst agreed to additional staff members for 2014 (2015 class) and a reevaluation to see how things are going with a more than real opportunity to add staff in the immediate future. I can't recall if the meetings take place monthly or every other but I do know they'll meet about it all in December for a 2015 (2016 class) decision. I know Kearney is making an impact, haven't heard much about the other guys so hopefully they are as well and Bo has it outlined to how it benefited the program. Without details, we may be stuck in neutral until it's all laid out.

On top of the above, it wasn't clear a year plus ago (when the planning took place) if the NCAA was going to allow an unlimited number of recruiting assistants. Like the decision or not, there was also reservation from all involved, including Pelini, about hiring x-number of people than letting them go a short time later or eating their pay for a full year. This played a minor role in the decision but it was a factor.

This is what strikes me about anyone that would share what happened but leave out why it happened. As in any case, it's the most important part and regardless if one is pro or anti Pelini, I can't imagine anyone would disagree with that from a business standpoint. At some point, a certain group of people need to step back and realize, Shawn has done more good to support Pelini than he has bad. The most money ever has been spent on recruiting, the most access to private jets in the history of our football program and additional recruiting staff members have been added. Will that continue? I have no reason to believe it won't, pending recruiting staff...

• Fire 4

Ultimatums?

This one, post #32 by Polo is a pretty good way of saying things. Willie also hits it with this response. Every time Bo has asked for something, even under Osborne and the same with Eichorst, he's been told to put together a plan of attack. Unfortunately, to the few people that reviewed his plan, it wasn't very impressive, and this wasn't the first time. Instead of shutting him completely out, Eichorst agreed to additional staff members for 2014 (2015 class) and a reevaluation to see how things are going with a more than real opportunity to add staff in the immediate future. I can't recall if the meetings take place monthly or every other but I do know they'll meet about it all in December for a 2015 (2016 class) decision. I know Kearney is making an impact, haven't heard much about the other guys so hopefully they are as well and Bo has it outlined to how it benefited the program. Without details, we may be stuck in neutral until it's all laid out.

On top of the above, it wasn't clear a year plus ago (when the planning took place) if the NCAA was going to allow an unlimited number of recruiting assistants. Like the decision or not, there was also reservation from all involved, including Pelini, about hiring x-number of people than letting them go a short time later or eating their pay for a full year. This played a minor role in the decision but it was a factor.

This is what strikes me about anyone that would share what happened but leave out why it happened. As in any case, it's the most important part and regardless if one is pro or anti Pelini, I can't imagine anyone would disagree with that from a business standpoint. At some point, a certain group of people need to step back and realize, Shawn has done more good to support Pelini than he has bad. The most money ever has been spent on recruiting, the most access to private jets in the history of our football program and additional recruiting staff members have been added. Will that continue? I have no reason to believe it won't, pending recruiting staff...

Agree. Anyone trying to find fault with SE's support of Pelini is searching for excuses.

Pardon my optimism , but I think you get a new DC and OC, and let Bo know he's got one year to unfuck this program, or he'll be needing a new gig...

He'd never do it, and those two would never work for Bo.
Bo doesnt want new coordinators, Im not even sure he wants his job if hes forced to hire new guys.

Then you've made Polo the happiest guy on the internet...

Pardon my optimism , but I think you get a new DC and OC, and let Bo know he's got one year to unfuck this program, or he'll be needing a new gig...

He'd never do it, and those two would never work for Bo.
Bo doesnt want new coordinators, Im not even sure he wants his job if hes forced to hire new guys.

Then you've made Polo the happiest guy on the internet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBsuwtm8180

• Fire 1