Why Pelini will NOT be fired

Tressel, let's get him.

This is never going to happen. He's still on probation. Also, he's a president of a university. No way is he going to give up that job to take a chance with us. He's already won a national championship. He's proved it all. Also, when has a coach ever come out of retirement (at any level) and done anything of note? And I'm not talking about a coach who took a year off and came back. I'm talking about a coach who took several years off, then came back. I can't think of one. While I would certainly like to see Tressel, it's not going to happen. While we are talking of dream candidates, I'd like to get Tony Dungy or Bill Cowher.

Hold on.

You dismiss Tressel, and say "no coach who comes out of retirement at any level ever wins anything of note"

You then make a "dream" list that includes Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher. Who are currently retired.

Are you doing this on purpose?

• Fire 4

Tressel, let's get him.

This is never going to happen. He's still on probation. Also, he's a president of a university. No way is he going to give up that job to take a chance with us. He's already won a national championship. He's proved it all. Also, when has a coach ever come out of retirement (at any level) and done anything of note? And I'm not talking about a coach who took a year off and came back. I'm talking about a coach who took several years off, then came back. I can't think of one. While I would certainly like to see Tressel, it's not going to happen. While we are talking of dream candidates, I'd like to get Tony Dungy or Bill Cowher.

Hold on.

You dismiss Tressel, and say "no coach who comes out of retirement at any level ever wins anything of note"

You then make a "dream" list that includes Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher. Who are currently retired.

It's apparent he's either out of touch or is straight trollin. I really doubt even a California public education could throw out something even remotely as handicapped as this guys comments.

Tressel, let's get him.

Uh, ever heard of Bill Snyder?

Yeah, Grandpa Snyder.

Tressel, let's get him.

Hold on.

It's apparent he's either out of touch or is straight trollin. I really doubt even a California public education could throw out something even remotely as handicapped as this guys comments.

Hey! My CA public education takes offense!

Tressel, let's get him.

Hold on.

Hey! My CA public education takes offense!

Trust me, over here in Vegas we aren't much better. Fortunately I spent most of my educational time in the midwest.

The problem is that Florida and likely Michigan will be coach-shopping, and I don't know if we throw more money than they will at a big name to turn this thing around, especially if Pelini gets hallowed win #9.

The whole 'this is the new normal,' this is Nebraska's reality,' arguments really piss me off. We DON'T accept this, and we NEVER will. The 5 years we won a natty and all the years we were in the running for one, Nebraska's 'normal' was playing at an elite level, and that's what we aspire to, no matter what.

That's not really a problem though. Its definitely not a problem that we can control, we just have to pony-up. There will always be other big programs looking for new HCs -- this is as good of year as any to make a change actually.

This year its Michigan and Florida, plus maybe Miami or VT

Last year it was USC, Texas, Penn State, and Washington...

The year before was tOSU, Oregon, Stanford, Wisconsin, TT, Arkansas...

... Florida, Penn St, UCLA, aTm.... Florida St, Auburn, Miami.... Michigan, USC, Tennessee.....

That's not really a problem though. Its definitely not a problem that we can control, we just have to pony-up. There will always be other big programs looking for new HCs -- this is as good of year as any to make a change actually.

This year its Michigan and Florida, plus maybe Miami or VT

Last year it was USC, Texas, Penn State, and Washington...

The year before was tOSU, Oregon, Stanford, Wisconsin, TT, Arkansas...

... Florida, Penn St, UCLA, aTm.... Florida St, Auburn, Miami.... Michigan, USC, Tennessee.....

There will be more. This time last year we were looking at only USC/Texas. Then as things began to roll some of the other's opened up...

You likely need to add one of Ole Miss or Miss St to your list, possibly TCU, on a long shot Georgia - throw in Stanford - and Arizona if Rich Rod makes a move, plus possibly LSU if they've finally tired of Miles, or if he finally takes that Michigan job.

There's going to be some shakeup far greater than just Michigan/Florida.

Tressel, let's get him.

I believe Bill Snyder retired in 2005 then came back three years later and has continued to coach until the present. Here is the situation with Tressel:

"Jim Tressel turned 59 earlier this month. If he wants to coach college football again, he almost certainly will have to wait until at least Dec. 17, 2016, when he would be 64." http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/41679/long-road-back-to-college-for-jim-tressel

The article went on to say that any college that hires Tressel would have to give reason why and would be in danger of sanctions themselves. There's no way Nebraska would hire a coach with that much baggage.

Is he not the president of a university that competes in the NCAA.

Is he not a close friend of Tom Osborne.

He has served most of the show cause penalty. My guess is the remainder would be waived for a current University President. The fact that he is the President of a university tells you how stupid the sanctions were in the first place. Good man, has paid his dues with the thought if, and I think a big if he wanted to return. His wrong doings were so minor in what our beloved coach has done in the past it is hilarious we get this self righteous attitude.

If Pelini is not fired you will know how short his leash is the next year by seeing if the AD extends his contract another year at the end of this season.

he should be on a damn short leash! maybe he will finally focus!

I just hope he starts executing properly as a coach!