Adam Carriker's Thoughts on the Firing of Bo

Haspula

The level of expectation when I was growing up & when I first arrived at Nebraska are completely different than they are now for the team. I had a few conversations while I was in DC with a recent former Husker (who I won't name) & he bragged to me more than a few times about how he won 9 games while he was there & he played for a conference title (...) I did the same exact thing & I was mad about it at the time & it still makes me angry to this day that the most amount of wins I achieved in a season at Nebraska was actually 10 & I never won a championship.

The expectations of the current players are what they are because that's the tone set by the coaching staff. I believe that's because in his mind he believes constant 9 win seasons (...) should be enough.

Thoughtfully and beautifully said by Carriker -- a player from the Callahan era, no less.

You finish the season 9-3 and third in the division, you got to be mad about it. This is Nebraska.

• Fire 6