Open recruiting topic thread

Think im gonna walk on. Whats the age cap for college ball.

Looked this up a little bit ago, was gonna try the same thing.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/question/am-i-too-old-to-play-college-sports

What about all the flame-out minor league baseball pitchers coming back to play QB at 26?
Not 100% sure, but I think there are rules about eligibility not starting until you enroll at any college full time, or 12 cedit hours or more. If you enroll in college straight out of high school, your 5 years starts right away (if you're going full time). I think you have to get a waiver, but they reduce your eligibility. Usually 3 years to play 2 years. Like a kid out of JUCO.

I couldnt possibly play NCAA sports because I went to a small college full time straight out of high school but wasn't interested in playing sports at the time. Now that I feel I want to play sports, I can't play anywhere except maybe at a NAIA school, and that's only if I get a waver. I just turned 26, and still in decent shape. :/ not athletic shape, but decent.

Before Mirko decommitted, there was talk that Bo and staff were looking for a LB, OL, DE, WR, and QB. I would guess Riley will see a similar need for depth at these positions.

We were looking at 16-18. But then Singleton left and if Love and Hart leave we could easily be at 19-22....and that is without 1-2 more leaving. That would count Moss returning (which I have not heard anything on).

Before the coaching change, Moss was almost 100% returning; since then ...........who knows?

Hedley:

I looked through the JUCO QB's awhile back, didn't see many that were too impressive to me that were not committed to big schools.

What makes you want a CB? No faith in Davie, Rose, Kalu, Cjax, Cockrell, Jones, Mosley, and hopefully Eric Lee?

After watching Davie I feel we could use another body at CB. Hopefully someone that can come in and start ASAP. I like the "potential" we have at CB but Davie isn't anything special and Cockrell is a safety IMO. Kalu looks promising. So IMO we have Kalu and then either average or unknown at the other CB spot

Agreed, there is potential there, but if you bring in JUCO, all it would be is potential as well.

Before Mirko decommitted, there was talk that Bo and staff were looking for a LB, OL, DE, WR, and QB. I would guess Riley will see a similar need for depth at these positions.

We were looking at 16-18. But then Singleton left and if Love and Hart leave we could easily be at 19-22....and that is without 1-2 more leaving. That would count Moss returning (which I have not heard anything on).

Before the coaching change, Moss was almost 100% returning; since then ...........who knows?

Avery Moss coming back would be huge. So would LeRoy Alexander. I have to believe if Alexander didn't get suspended, it would have been him and Gerry instead of cement shoes.

This is a weird question, but how does Riley learn of the Avery Moss situation? Like how does it come up, who brings it up, and how is it explained? I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Funny you should bring this up. 247 has a VIP article about his future as a student and whether the new coach will take him in. I don't have the VIP access but someone that does could help us out.