Interview with Oregon St Play by Play guy...

It isn't...that is why I am saying people are insane if they are thinking that some crappy record or start to the season will not result in a freak out.

i think most (probably all) would agree with you. If he loses 5 there's going to be some heat. But if he doesn't win 11 he isn't getting fired - that's where 74 has set the bar and where a lot of this "are you serious" thing started.

Well...he is not getting fired (unless he goes 3-9 and 3-9) because he is the AD's guy...There will be a second chance for SE and he knows that I am sure.

But Riley will have to win 9 games for the "heat" to stay right where it was on Bo, if that makes any sense. 10 takes some heat off...11 puts them in that "discussion" of a very good team.

"upgrade" is a funny word...if I have a car with 300,000 miles on it and trade it in for one with 250,000 miles...its an upgrade...

I am looking for the best money can get...which could be his assistants, I don't know yet. I hope they are rock stars

It's an upgrade if the new car doesn't give up the world record for rushing yards in a single game, and half your punt returns don't end in turnovers

Man you guys got to let that go. The man was on fire, 1 man. Your blaming bo, not saying he wasnt the man in charge but jesus what about the guys on the field. Didnt they have some part in that.

You know what? No. We don't have to let that go. The record book will not be letting that go and it will still be hard to move past it next April when Gordon gets drafted and every single piece of film showed has nebraska jerseys losing contain and arm tackling.

408 yards. The man was on fire? This isn't the NBA. The man was on fire because he had gaping holes and was barely touched all game long. There are some running backs that can make a defense look silly. Gordon is a fine college runner, but he will go the likes of Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, etc. He will just be another guy in the league...only difference is that he will be recognized as the back that dropped 4 bills in one game. That record has everything to do with our defense and our former coach. The fact that Gordon got smothered against Ohio St. only serves to remind us of the futility that cleaned out their collective offices a week and a half ago.

So don't forget. Don't let it go.

• Fire 2

But Riley will have to win 9 games for the "heat" to stay right where it was on Bo, if that makes any sense. 10 takes some heat off...11 puts them in that "discussion" of a very good team.

winning 9 next season and not getting blown out twice, losing one to a team like Minnesota and there is no heat. not even a little. even with the same scenario as last season playing out, Riley is going to get plenty of slack - the same slack any coach ever hired has been afforded. Cally got it, Bo got it, Muschamp, Jimbo, Strong, Mora and every other new hire gets it. if you don't think it exists i'm not sure what to tell ya.

barring a complete meltdown there is no heat. now - 3-4 years from now...that's a different story.

winning 9 next season and not getting blown out twice, losing one to a team like Minnesota and there is no heat. not even a little. even with the same scenario as last season playing out, Riley is going to get plenty of slack - the same slack any coach ever hired has been afforded. Cally got it, Bo got it, Muschamp, Jimbo, Strong, Mora and every other new hire gets it. if you don't think it exists i'm not sure what to tell ya.

Slack from who? The AD, Media or fans?

Slack from who? The AD, Media or fans?

all of the above - a large portion of this board was still giving Pelini slack up until about 45 days ago. i don't see how anyone will think Riley won't get it unless they already have an agenda - which seems to be the case with most people pissy right now. can't change that, if they aren't willing to give him a chance in day 5, they aren't going to give him one in year 2. that's something those people will have to work out for themselves, but I would bet by spring those are the 1%, certainly not the force those in that camp claim it to be. and 1% doesn't apply much heat. See 2012.

• Fire 1

Banker is a terrible hire. No question about it.

Prediction: Riley and his staff get us 6-7 wins next season.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.

It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

I don't think the BYU QB is a "freak" anymore....he broke his leg and probably won't be in the game next year

Anything less than a B1G title appearance and this hire loses its sexiness. Period. That should be the bar. Not 8 wins, 9, wins, 10 wins and so on and so forth. Finish 9-3 and win the B1G or lose competitively and MR ends up looking like a great hire. I am a firm believer that most Nebraska fans have no idea how much MR and his staff develop players.

Get ready for sound, guys sticking to their assignments/disciplined and mistake free football. That alone should create some kind of separation with teams along with our talent to boot. The players will be coached up like they never have before. Especially Quarterbacks and the Offensive Line.

Anything less than a B1G title appearance and this hire loses its sexiness. Period. That should be the bar. Not 8 wins, 9, wins, 10 wins and so on and so forth. Finish 9-3 and win the B1G or lose competitively and MR ends up looking like a great hire. I am a firm believer that most Nebraska fans have no idea how much MR and his staff develop players.

Get ready for sound, guys sticking to their assignments/disciplined and mistake free football. That alone should create some kind of separation with teams along with our talent to boot. The players will be coached up like they never have before. Especially Quarterbacks and the Offensive Line.

I totally agree with this! This is so well said, it is 100% what we all want.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.
It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

I don't think the BYU QB is a "freak" anymore....he broke his leg and probably won't be in the game next year

If that happens then a win against BYU becomes much more likely.

If that happens then a win against BYU becomes much more likely.

Rehab is 6 months which started a month ago. Taysom Hill has said he expects to be fully healthy and ready to go full speed when fall practices start. He's also had a previous injury before which has helped him a lot mentally while rehabbing this current one. He also denied reports of ligaments shattered, and confirmed his leg was broken. He'll be ready to go. Will be a big test for Huskers, new coach or former.

NW. Maybe Illinois.

Then what happens if we make the CCG, get boat raced?

Likely nothing the first couple of times it happens. If after 7 years it becomes a pattern, then I'm guessing we go find a new coach. What do you think?

After year two, the seat gets hot. Really, really hot.

assuming i read that correctly, at least you're of the belief that we'll be making the CCG the first 2 years. you're starting to come around to this hire...even you can't be negative 100% of the time without a positive slip-up every now and then.

What I'm saying is in the next 2 years anything less than 11 wins per year, a B1G championship, and a spot in the playoffs should call for a coaching, AD, and chancellor change.

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Fire 1

NW. Maybe Illinois.

Then what happens if we make the CCG, get boat raced?

Likely nothing the first couple of times it happens. If after 7 years it becomes a pattern, then I'm guessing we go find a new coach. What do you think?

After year two, the seat gets hot. Really, really hot.

assuming i read that correctly, at least you're of the belief that we'll be making the CCG the first 2 years. you're starting to come around to this hire...even you can't be negative 100% of the time without a positive slip-up every now and then.

What I'm saying is in the next 2 years anything less than 11 wins per year, a B1G championship, and a spot in the playoffs should call for a coaching, AD, and chancellor change.

So basically 99.9% of CFB programs would be changing head coaches every two years?

so you were ok with Bo's 9 wins, but anything less than 11 and a championship is reason for termination? you f'in up every thread with nonsense is starting to get old - please at least tell me you're trolling and not serious with most of this

9~10 wins wasn't good enough for Bo. Are we changing the standards now?

Bo had to rebuild this program as a first time head coach. The new guy doesn't have to rebuild, he has to change some things and has about 15years head coaching experience.

The schedule is even more beneficial next year than it was this. the talent is there. If this guy is really as elite as Shawn makes him out to be, then no, I'm not kidding. 11 wins should be his basement.

BYU is much better than FAU

Miami isn't starting a true fresh QB next season.

The rest of the schedule is the same. Hopefully home field gives us the edge in our bigger games in conference

So are you saying that you are ok with losing to BYU?

so you were ok with Bo's 9 wins, but anything less than 11 and a championship is reason for termination? you f'in up every thread with nonsense is starting to get old - please at least tell me you're trolling and not serious with most of this

9~10 wins wasn't good enough for Bo. Are we changing the standards now?

Bo had to rebuild this program as a first time head coach. The new guy doesn't have to rebuild, he has to change some things and has about 15years head coaching experience.

The schedule is even more beneficial next year than it was this. the talent is there. If this guy is really as elite as Shawn makes him out to be, then no, I'm not kidding. 11 wins should be his basement.

BYU is much better than FAU

Miami isn't starting a true fresh QB next season.

The rest of the schedule is the same. Hopefully home field gives us the edge in our bigger games in conference

So are you saying that you are ok with losing to BYU?

can you send me a pm and tell me who is going to lose all the bowl games? i don't have a crystal ball like you do.