Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

I like how this board, and many of the ones here defending Avery and blaming the University, wastes no time taking great pleasure in taking the moral high road against schools like say, Florida st.

More than winning indeed.

Ya, b/c they are so close to being the same thing. Your lines are pretty wide i guess. Im guessing you dont spend much time outside your house, work, or away from a keyboard.
You're wrong about a lot of things, it doesn't surprise me you're wrong in your assessment of me.
You say im wrong just b/c i dont see things as you do or agree with you. Id say im exactly correct on my assessment of you. The everyone who doesnt agree with me is wrong guy. You've been that guy the entire time i've been part of this board.

If he was told that prior to the winter break that he was going to have a decision (which he has stated several times), that is way more than 5 business days. I'm sure they got back to him within 5 days after the break but they told him they would get back to him prior to the break, that is a big deal and completely inconsiderate and frankly unprofessional. Maybe I hold our administration to a little higher standard than others on this board?

There is a 7+ page thread on here because this is a husker football message board, so most people on here know who Avery Moss is. Most people don't care about his NFL ability, people care because he is a well known public figure in Nebraska. It just so happens that Husker football is followed more in Nebraska than anything else. I could care less if he ever played another down for Nebraska, but what I do believe in is treating people right. At least give the kid an opportunity to go elsewhere. Arturo knew in the summer, that the previous IX coordinator's stipulations wouldn't be enough for Avery to enroll in the spring. So if you are heavily associated with the institution of education (should be empathetic to the mission of educating young people), why in the world would you not tell this kid that there was no chance he would be able to enroll in the spring and allow him to find an opportunity elsewhere. Instead, Arturo strung Avery along, for not only fall semester, but also spring semester (too late to enroll elsewhere).

Avery did something dumb for one night, miscommunication on another. Arturo was negligent for someone of his stature and position in Nebraska's education system not for a day or two, but 5 to 6 months. That is unacceptable.

He couldn't appeal until 1/2/15. It's not up to UNL to tell him "nope" until the appeal is filed.

If Avery was a 3rd string walk-on from Kearney, I would guess this thread doesn't reach page 2.

Look the point is, if UNL was just going to turn down the appeal anyway, even if he met their conditions, then tell him it's in his best interest to move his education and football career somewhere else.

He sat out a year, he has learned his lesson, and he is obviously become a better person. Let him be that better person here.

I like how this board, and many of the ones here defending Avery and blaming the University, wastes no time taking great pleasure in taking the moral high road against schools like say, Florida st.

More than winning indeed.

Ya, b/c they are so close to being the same thing. Your lines are pretty wide i guess. Im guessing you dont spend much time outside your house, work, or away from a keyboard.
You're wrong about a lot of things, it doesn't surprise me you're wrong in your assessment of me.
You say im wrong just b/c i dont see things as you do or agree with you. Id say im exactly correct on my assessment of you. The everyone who doesnt agree with me is wrong guy. You've been that guy the entire time i've been part of this board.

Heh.

That was a mostly tongue-in-cheek comment, but it probably is pretty true. Unless he shoved it in her face or forced himself on her or something, I guess I don't see it as such a big deal like some others do.

Do you have a daughter?

I do. I have two of them.

Someone else asked how we'd feel if someone like Avery was hanging around our female relatives. It all depends really, did his infractions happen yesterday? Was it 10 years ago? Did he learn anything from his mistakes? Or does he even view them as mistakes? There are lots of variables but if the man regretted his actions and took steps to ensure they never happened again, then I'd have no problems with my daughters hanging out with him.

• Fire 1

If only we were in Europe Avery, where you can hang out at the beach and/or other places with your squirrel hanging out and nobody bats an eye. I know we aren't in Europe and what Moss did was illegal, but I just can't reconcile the fact that they made this young man jump through hoops of their own choosing, with the end result being he will be reinstated. The "Board" of people, who had a year of this young mans life in their hands can decide either way, without consequence to their decision, would be in the right to deny his reinstatement at this time, had there NOT been any requirements ut on this young man over the last year. The FACT that there were REQUIREMENTS this young man had to follow, means there had to of been something gained for this him in return or at the very least implied.

Putting requirements on him, with it being implied the gain for him would be reinstated, only to not reinstate him is a mockery. It's not right, fair or a proccess I would consider to be moral!

Could some one list these hoops, these requirements, directions given by the university, what was considered correct/incorrect. Can Moss provide this guidance that he went by, or this a perceived set of guidelines, grown by this board for the sole hope of him being returned to the football team.

One year being a good guy with a carrot at the end does not make the problem corrected, it will take many years for that to not be a concern with him.

Meanwhile the young lady that he offended is forgotten, most likely in some ways blamed for the loss of this supposed great football player. Life is about more than playing football. He caused the problem for himself, no one forced him to whip it out. What if the young lady had not reported it, and he took it the wrong way, Sex offenders normally do it seems. Could this have led to something far worse. No one knows, so you do not take a chance with it.

We hear every week about LP, this kid did something wrong in the next two years it would be far worse.

If he is as good as some claim, he will find a place to play, and hopefully move on with his life. Kids do stupid things, this was a huge mistake ( I assume if he was that proud of it). Move on. More concerned where the young lady is at with it all.

If he was told that prior to the winter break that he was going to have a decision (which he has stated several times), that is way more than 5 business days. I'm sure they got back to him within 5 days after the break but they told him they would get back to him prior to the break, that is a big deal and completely inconsiderate and frankly unprofessional. Maybe I hold our administration to a little higher standard than others on this board?

There is a 7+ page thread on here because this is a husker football message board, so most people on here know who Avery Moss is. Most people don't care about his NFL ability, people care because he is a well known public figure in Nebraska. It just so happens that Husker football is followed more in Nebraska than anything else. I could care less if he ever played another down for Nebraska, but what I do believe in is treating people right. At least give the kid an opportunity to go elsewhere. Arturo knew in the summer, that the previous IX coordinator's stipulations wouldn't be enough for Avery to enroll in the spring. So if you are heavily associated with the institution of education (should be empathetic to the mission of educating young people), why in the world would you not tell this kid that there was no chance he would be able to enroll in the spring and allow him to find an opportunity elsewhere. Instead, Arturo strung Avery along, for not only fall semester, but also spring semester (too late to enroll elsewhere).

Avery did something dumb for one night, miscommunication on another. Arturo was negligent for someone of his stature and position in Nebraska's education system not for a day or two, but 5 to 6 months. That is unacceptable.

He couldn't appeal until 1/2/15. It's not up to UNL to tell him "nope" until the appeal is filed.

If Avery was a 3rd string walk-on from Kearney, I would guess this thread doesn't reach page 2.

Look the point is, if UNL was just going to turn down the appeal anyway, even if he met their conditions, then tell him it's in his best interest to move his education and football career somewhere else.

He sat out a year, he has learned his lesson, and he is obviously become a better person. Let him be that better person here.

Fine. Point taken. Now let's move on and the team should too.

Is there any actual evidence that he was given a list of things to do or avoid and told that if he complied he would be automatically reinstated after a year? Unless there was, I'm having a tough time understanding how some here seem to think he was wronged or misled somehow.

Now he knows to keep his pants on and not expose himself to women. The fact there's presumably one less sexual deviant running around doing that makes all of the women that all of us care about a little bit safer. if some other university wants to take a chance that he won't reoffend or wind up committing some sex crime against its students, then they are free to do so. But I'm glad we've decided that a few sacks and QB pressures a season aren't worth putting the women Moss will come into contact with, the football program, and the University at risk. We say we're about "more than winning." Our actions should reflect that.

• Fire 2

I mean, the two are not mutually exclusive. Obviously Moss brought this on himself and is totally responsible for what happened. But that doesn't exclude the University from criticism over how they handled it. And criticizing them for how they handled it doesn't mean they made the wrong decision, just that they could have done it differently. It's not even saying they did it negligently. There was a change in who was looking at the situation. It's entirely possible that the new person wasn't aware of the situation until recently and decided to go a different way. That's entirely possible but that still doesn't mean it couldn't have been done better.

The reports all along - from a year ago until now - were that Moss had been told he had a good chance to get back in if he did what he was asked. Do we know that for sure? No. But what everyone said and what Moss did seem to indicate that was the case. If the situation had changed, he should have been notified earlier.

Reports, has a single person seen these reports? Do we know they truly existed or was it just hope. And as I have heard several times.

LINK

He is not fixed, he has kept his nose clean for a year.

Glad he is gone, wish him luck, hope he has gotten his act together and plays well for the team he ends up on.

And if I remember correctly there was a kid from Missouri kicked off the team for something similar and Oklahoma was going to let him play. Most were against that. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

Reports, has a single person seen these reports? Do we know they truly existed or was it just hope. And as I have heard several times.LINKHe is not fixed, he has kept his nose clean for a year.Glad he is gone, wish him luck, hope he has gotten his act together and plays well for the team he ends up on.And if I remember correctly there was a kid from Missouri kicked off the team for something similar and Oklahoma was going to let him play. Most were against that. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

If by similar you mean marijuana then yes.