Best Xmas Present you remember getting?

Thinking back there are very few presents I remember getting, though there is one I do remember well from how out of place it seemed at the time, but means the most to me now. There was the wired remote controlled '57 Chevy, all plastic and silver, a very late 80's toy. Most of the things I got at that time were things like G.I.Joes, Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and here was a battery run car. I learned years later is that that year my mom, who was recently divorced at the time, was really struggling more than we ever knew, and had absolutely no money for Christmas presents that year. Her coworkers had put some money together and bought a few toys for my brother and myself, and told her that these came from 'Santa.' So, what had stood out as kind of odd at the time, was really a great show of the good that are in people.

• Fire 3

Thinking back there are very few presents I remember getting, though there is one I do remember well from how out of place it seemed at the time, but means the most to me now. There was the wired remote controlled '57 Chevy, all plastic and silver, a very late 80's toy. Most of the things I got at that time were things like G.I.Joes, Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and here was a battery run car. I learned years later is that that year my mom, who was recently divorced at the time, was really struggling more than we ever knew, and had absolutely no money for Christmas presents that year. Her coworkers had put some money together and bought a few toys for my brother and myself, and told her that these came from 'Santa.' So, what had stood out as kind of odd at the time, was really a great show of the good that are in people.

Geez man...that is kind of a tear jerker!

Very nice of them!

An expensive leather baseball glove from my grandpa. It was a little big for me for my age, but I spent hours and days and weeks breaking it in with oil and a baseball. Over the years I eventually grew into it and it became an extension of my hand as a middle infielder and eventually a third baseman. Played with it through middle and high school. Don't remember making an error with it. But I do recall a lot of spectacular plays because of it. I loved that glove. Somehow through a family move immediately after high school, it got lost and disappeared. So when I went and played a little minor league ball without it, I just wasn't the same player. Had a hard time mentally & physically adjusting to something else. Something real strange about baseball and superstitions. Plus I wasn't quite as talented as the others, so there's that too lol.

My grandpa played for the Omaha McDevitts. Not sure if anyone has every heard of them before. I think they went something like 33-1. Maybe someone's older relative remembers a little bit about them. They ended up winning a national championship. Anyway, that was my greatest Christmas gift.

http://www.nebaseballhistory.com/legion/fontenelle1939.html

Wow that playset looks a lot like Skeletor's castle set from He-man.

My best present...didn't know if I'd get it or not but my parents came through... :)

Gmom_box.jpg

Fell in love with the game after renting it from the local Dillons. I was in 3rd grade? Just that excitement and thrill of opening it. Ah memories...