The Reason the Huskers are Still Relevant

Zaimejs

I agree you run into Big Red fans all over the U.S. Great fan base!!! I do disagree with all the positive sunshine. It's too bad you've all put your faith in a lawyer

OH NO! IT'S A PERSON WHO UNDERSTANDS LAW!

Actually two lawyers and not very good lawyers to boot, for those who actually do understand contract law

I agree you run into Big Red fans all over the U.S. Great fan base!!! I do disagree with all the positive sunshine. It's too bad you've all put your faith in a lawyer who is the A.D. Coach Riley is a nice man. You can believe all you want, but I've watched his beavers play for several years. Lot's of penalties, breakdown in defense. This years squad had 9 seniors returning on defense. Take a look at where they finished on a national level on defense. Pathetic!!! Banker isn't the solution. I will give the Husker fan base props for always believing the future glory days are coming back. i just don't see it happening with a long term

Career coach with a winning record just above the .500 mark. Save your remarks about how you can't recruit at Oregon state....blah blah. Explain that concept to the Chargers. The new Oregon State coach will win at OSU. Just stop getting your hopes all up about turning the progr around. We just fired a coach with 7 seasons of 9 wins and a high graduation rate. Good coaches win period.!!'nn

No matter what happens in the future its hard to argue that every coach on the new staff isn't better than the same position on the old staff. Banker may not be the answer... Pap (I mean Bo) wasn't anything great. Pap was basically a wasted coaching position because Bo overruled anything he said. Bo didn't have his hand in the O as much but as we know he liked to force play calls (like the pass on 2nd and 1 vs Minn) or dictate starters (Taylor, M Pelini, et al).

Let's give Riley a chance... he already has more wins vs. top 10 opponents than NU does in this millenium. But save your remarks about how you can't recruit at Nebraska... blah blah.

I agree you run into Big Red fans all over the U.S. Great fan base!!! I do disagree with all the positive sunshine. It's too bad you've all put your faith in a lawyer who is the A.D. Coach Riley is a nice man. You can believe all you want, but I've watched his beavers play for several years. Lot's of penalties, breakdown in defense. This years squad had 9 seniors returning on defense. Take a look at where they finished on a national level on defense. Pathetic!!! Banker isn't the solution. I will give the Husker fan base props for always believing the future glory days are coming back. i just don't see it happening with a long term

Career coach with a winning record just above the .500 mark. Save your remarks about how you can't recruit at Oregon state....blah blah. Explain that concept to the Chargers. The new Oregon State coach will win at OSU. Just stop getting your hopes all up about turning the progr around. We just fired a coach with 7 seasons of 9 wins and a high graduation rate. Good coaches win period.!!'nn

Well that settles it. No need to enjoy the off season in anticipation for next season because it has now been predetermined that we are just going to suck anyway.

Thanks for letting us know. I can now not waste my time even following what is going on.

I always laugh when I hear people say 'Nebraska is not relevant.' because anytime we even in the least mentioned, no matter the reason, (unfortunately it's been rather negative as of late) it's all over the medial. Let's face it-Nebraska will ALWAYS be relevant because of it's history. Just like Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama and the other historical elite teams in football history. That just doesn't go away. So to those who say that Nebraska is irrelevant? PBBBLLLTTT! ;)If we weren't relevant you wouldn't be talking about us-at all.

I agree you run into Big Red fans all over the U.S. Great fan base!!! I do disagree with all the positive sunshine. It's too bad you've all put your faith in a lawyer

Actually two lawyers and not very good lawyers to boot, for those who actually do understand contract law

If we're talking contract law, in the sense of Bo's contract, you do realize that was pre-Eichorst? So that would be Perlman and Osborne, who didn't understand it. Makes sense, since one of those was a member of US Congress.

Relevance is only a term that ESPN and other media types like to use. I do think that the Big 10 move has not helped us in the relevance part. The last time we were a top 10 rated program we were in the Big 12. Big 12 is still solid, even without us, which most thought would really hurt the conference. The thing is relevance is what we make of it. We all know that ESPN doesn't like Nebraska, and really thats Herbstreit and Corso more over than most. Some of that is due to having Trev Alberts on the staff there, and his ego leading to rubbing alot of people in the wrong way.

SEC has been held to a higher relevance because ESPN and CBS televise all games nationally for the most part. Tell a Saturday when you flipped thru the channels and didn't see Bama, LSu, Tennessee, Florida orGeorgia on TV..........Ol' Miss as well. I am talking good primetime match ups during the late afternoon and evening. There is why I think alot of the nation is getting a bum rap.

Relevance doesn't bother me. Winning changes that. IF we continue not to win games that matter, then guess what, we are program that doesn't matter as much as it once did. So relevance is hand in hand with winning.

Relevance is only a term that ESPN and other media types like to use. I do think that the Big 10 move has not helped us in the relevance part. The last time we were a top 10 rated program we were in the Big 12. Big 12 is still solid, even without us, which most thought would really hurt the conference. The thing is relevance is what we make of it. We all know that ESPN doesn't like Nebraska, and really thats Herbstreit and Corso more over than most. Some of that is due to having Trev Alberts on the staff there, and his ego leading to rubbing alot of people in the wrong way.

SEC has been held to a higher relevance because ESPN and CBS televise all games nationally for the most part. Tell a Saturday when you flipped thru the channels and didn't see Bama, LSu, Tennessee, Florida orGeorgia on TV..........Ol' Miss as well. I am talking good primetime match ups during the late afternoon and evening. There is why I think alot of the nation is getting a bum rap.

Relevance doesn't bother me. Winning changes that. IF we continue not to win games that matter, then guess what, we are program that doesn't matter as much as it once did. So relevance is hand in hand with winning.

You realize that the B1G has historically played games at 11, right? You also realize that every game is televised, right? ABC, ESPN, BTN. Every game. Bama is on because of their RECENT success. RECENT. Same with several others. Nebraska is a joke nationally. Nobody outside of the state talks about us these days. Maybe a minute when there is a coaching change, but not the detailed break-down you think is happening.

Winning big games gets you relevant

I do realize that the Big 10 plays at 11 most every Saturday, but how many of those games are key games in conference. Its usually Ohio St and someone, its not the good games. The point is, more viewers watch college football in the afternoon and evenings than any other times. Recruit- you think they want to play at 11 in morning or mid afternoon, evening games? All things lead to why the conference and schools have a hard time landing key recruits.

Yes, winning matters. Winning games against teams that matter. You have to beat Wisky, Michigan St, Michigan, and Penn ST, right now. Compete against Ohio ST now, and beat them in a couple of years when you have a system and talent in place to do so.

That starts by scheduling good non-conference games against really good competition. The days of patty cakes in the first 3 weeks is over if you want relevance. Play some SEC teams. Play Pac 12 teams. Play ACC teams. Even if you schedule teams like Kentucky and Utah or Wake Forest. Those at least are from Power 5 conferences.

No matter what happens in the future its hard to argue that every coach on the new staff isn't better than the same position on the old staff. Banker may not be the answer... Pap (I mean Bo) wasn't anything great. Pap was basically a wasted coaching position because Bo overruled anything he said. Bo didn't have his hand in the O as much but as we know he liked to force play calls (like the pass on 2nd and 1 vs Minn) or dictate starters (Taylor, M Pelini, et al).

Let's give Riley a chance... he already has more wins vs. top 10 opponents than NU does in this millenium. But save your remarks about how you can't recruit at Nebraska... blah blah.

Really, that's hard to argue? You know nothing about how these new coaches will perform. Won't you be ripping into them if we lose to BYU?

If we're talking contract law, in the sense of Bo's contract, you do realize that was pre-Eichorst? So that would be Perlman and Osborne, who didn't understand it. Makes sense, since one of those was a member of US Congress.

try to comphrehend that not everything is about Bo Osborne wasn't ad when Perlman left out the mitigation clause for callhn and pedey - try to keep up , also the dipwad ginger has done zero litigation as far as being a lawyer so he must be good