Scott Frost turned down HC job...

No real disrespect to CSU, but they're not a Power 5 con. They have NO chance to ever make a CF playoff, so what do they play for? I mean, where are those hopes at the beginning of the season - realistic or not - that this could be a magical year and make it?

If it were me, I'd rather take a chance where there is some hope at a bigger program at least. And a P5 Conf. Even if it was a middle of the pack team. That would be my logical starting point. Look at Duke and how far they've come along. Winston won't play at FSU forever, and it is more possible in the ACC for someone else to rise up. Plus you play in bigger venues and against more traditional power teams. Not to mention the quality of recruits that go to P5 over CSU, etc.

Bigger programs, better venues, better recruits, bigger TV games, and championship dreams.

and Frost still isn't ready for any HC job, not even CSU.

• Fire 1

No real disrespect to CSU, but they're not a Power 5 con. They have NO chance to ever make a CF playoff, so what do they play for? I mean, where are those hopes at the beginning of the season - realistic or not - that this could be a magical year and make it?

If it were me, I'd rather take a chance where there is some hope at a bigger program at least. And a P5 Conf. Even if it was a middle of the pack team. That would be my logical starting point. Look at Duke and how far they've come along. Winston won't play at FSU forever, and it is more possible in the ACC for someone else to rise up. Plus you play in bigger venues and against more traditional power teams. Not to mention the quality of recruits that go to P5 over CSU, etc.

Bigger programs, better venues, better recruits, bigger TV games, and championship dreams.

Their last coach is now at one of the best spots possible (Florida) after coaching at CSU for 3 years...

• Fire 1

Their last coach is now at one of the best spots possible (Florida) after coaching at CSU for 3 years...

Yes Mcelwain did a great job at CSU and bc of that he got Florida at the right time and its a great job. Several things had to happen I guess.

With everyday that the OC position has not been filled the more likely in my mind that it's Frost. Assuming that Frost was offered CSU, why would he turn it down? I love Riley, but he's pretty old. Eichorst seems too strategic to not consider Riley's age. If someone else were to be plugged in, wouldn't they be in place considering that it's recruiting time?

Just because a job is available doesn't mean he should take it. There could be any number of reasons and he has a pretty sweet gig at Oregon. No use to jump ship until the right opportunity for him comes along.

He'll get his chance, though. I feel pretty confident in that. Either way, I think some people are waiting to see what he'll do after he loses a QB who has thrown only 12 interceptions in his whole career at Oregon. He took over as OC at a pretty great time. I for one am definitely eager to see how he and the staff developed the QB's behind Mariotta and whether they can sustain success without him at that position.

Here are the two things that will prevent Frost from being a head coach at Nebraska.

1. Previous head coaching experience.

2. Being married and therefore will stay off O st.

Until the above happens, he ain't coaching here.

I thought so too, but

1. He can take advantage of the newly created mentorship program that Eichorst just created-it's called "we'll hire a really nice guy to train you to take the reins in 5." This program waives the experience requirement

2. Farmersonly.com or craigslist

I don't really think he's coming here, I just find it odd that he turned down CSU. If it was true inn the first place

I thought it was odd too especially when that would be a great place to 'cut your coaching teeth'. I don't think he's ready to be a head coach at a P5 school but he could start out small at a lower school the move up. I look at it this way: At a smaller school, if he makes mistakes not a huge deal vs being a coach at a big school and making mistakes. You're rather under the microscope. We'll know for sure soon. But I'm with the folks who think it's odd that he didn't take the job at CSU.

Him not taking the CSU job shows to me that he is more interested in making the right decision than taking the first reasonable offer that comes up. I think he made a gutsy call that will ultimately work out in the long run. CSU is not a big time program and McElwain is returning to a conference that he has already coached in. Frost will have power 5 opportunities in the next 2-4 years.

What I believe to be a good decision on Frost's part is the exact opposite of the decision that Bo just made. Bo should have taken a coordinator job a top 25 school rather than a low level head coaching job. If there were no offers, he should have waited. Even if he had not had the leaked audio issues, I'm of the opinion that the career path that he just chose will make it all but impossible to return to a high level as head coach. Because of budgetary reasons, he will have a difficult time recuiting and hiring coaches. Frost isn't going to put himself in this situation unless he thinks it right....JMO.

With everyday that the OC position has not been filled the more likely in my mind that it's Frost. Assuming that Frost was offered CSU, why would he turn it down? I love Riley, but he's pretty old. Eichorst seems too strategic to not consider Riley's age. If someone else were to be plugged in, wouldn't they be in place considering that it's recruiting time?

Or we are waiting for the New York Football Giants to finish their season.

• Fire 2

Agree on waiting out the nfl season. I think langsdorf is our guy. The frost ship has sailed imo

Agree on waiting out the nfl season. I think langsdorf is our guy. The frost ship has sailed imo

Maybe so and probably so. BUT I think the CSU offer would have been a great opportunity to cut his teeth as an HC and I haven't read an adequate explanation as to why he turned it down. Didn't he turn down ULM last year? If so, he does seem to have an eye on a bigger prize