Riley says staff to be named still coaching

One might be this guy. Just a guess based on the previous ties.

langsdorfcard.jpg

Danny Langsdorf is in his first year as the Giants’ quarterbacks coach. He spent the previous nine seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon State University, his second coaching stint at the school.

This is his second NFL job after serving on the staff of the New Orleans Saints from 2002-04.

Langsdorf’s offenses at Oregon State were regularly among the most productive in the Pac 12 Conference. Nine of the top 13 single-season yardage outputs in school history were produced under his guidance.

In 2013, Oregon State set a school record with 6,071 yards (shattering the mark set the previous season of 5,610 yards). The Beavers led the conference with 376.2 passing yards a game and were third with 467.0 total yards per game.

More......

http://www.giants.com/team/coaches/danny-langsdorf/038e8623-9315-4acb-aa0f-6b716ea9fbc3

langsdorfcard.jpg

Danny Langsdorf is in his first year as the Giants’ quarterbacks coach. He spent the previous nine seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon State University, his second coaching stint at the school.

This is his second NFL job after serving on the staff of the New Orleans Saints from 2002-04.

Langsdorf’s offenses at Oregon State were regularly among the most productive in the Pac 12 Conference. Nine of the top 13 single-season yardage outputs in school history were produced under his guidance.

In 2013, Oregon State set a school record with 6,071 yards (shattering the mark set the previous season of 5,610 yards). The Beavers led the conference with 376.2 passing yards a game and were third with 467.0 total yards per game.

More......

http://www.giants.com/team/coaches/danny-langsdorf/038e8623-9315-4acb-aa0f-6b716ea9fbc3

Looks like a head coach in 5-7 years.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

I wonder why he would come back to college after one year in the NFL.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

I would venture to say money. I'm sure the Giants job payed a lot better than what he was making at OSU, but money for assistants is not supposed to be an issue here.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

I would venture to say money. I'm sure the Giants job payed a lot better than what he was making at OSU, but money for assistants is not supposed to be an issue here.

Plus, he would be the offensive coordinator...he's currently a QB coach for the Giants. If he can do well as a coordinator, that's a launching pad to a HC job somewhere in a couple years.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

Plus, he would be the offensive coordinator...he's currently a QB coach for the Giants. If he can do well as a coordinator, that's a launching pad to a HC job somewhere in a couple years.

Except that by all accounts, Riley calls his own plays.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

Except that by all accounts, Riley calls his own plays.

He is a QB coach with the OC title and knows Riley's style of offense.

Where did Riley say someone from the Giants? Was that a thing? Link?

Riley has said nothing, and can't say anything really (without risk of the Giants suing) about anyone who is not already announced. But there has been a lot of internet rumor mill, and it does sound like there has at least been conversation.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

The Giants may fire Coughlin. That leaves Langsdorf without a job.