What the **** Beck??? Why???

Guy Chamberlin - the ending to that game shows that Tim Beck is psychologically incapable of sticking to whats working. USC's DLine is gassed...Ameer is gaining at least 5-6 every time he touches the ball...game on the line 3rd & 3...& it ends on a pass thrown into really tight coverage & a trick play! Why not just stick to what was working??? If they stuffed Ameer twice for short of 3 yards, I could accept that. I am so glad to be rid of Tim Beck. He is incapable of sticking to what works just for the sake of being "multiple". The offense put up 42 because they played hard, didn't quit & made some great plays. This wasn't some genius game that Beck called by any means

Saying "42 points should be enough" is kinda like the "9 wins should be enough" argument. I guess if we're just looking at absolute number values, yeah, that's kind of a lot of points, but in that situation HOW DO YOU NOT GIVE AMEER THE BALL??? I don't care if his offense produced up to that point, they sh#t the bed when it counted the most. How typical.

Given that he had Armstrong throwing 50 times, often while rolling out and throwing back across his body while off-balance, I think it's a miracle they put up as many points as they did. Pointing to the scoreboard only tells a small part of the story tonight.

I'm glad I don't have to think about Tim Beck's clown ass ever again.

meh, if it had worked he'd be called a genius. he called a better game than I was expecting, he had 'em in it at the last minute which is better than some.....you know USC was watching for Ameer. ....and then some would be saying why the hell not try a fake, do something different......win some lose some...you don't win games in 2 plays, you win em in about 125 or so....they held us, good defense...congratulations to them. looking forward to next year.

• Fire 2

I know everyone hates Beck, but 42 points should be enough to win a game, no excuses.

Would I have liked to see Abs get the ball on either 3rd or 4th down? Yeah, sure, but if you would have told me we were going to score 42 points against SC before the game started I would gladly taken it.

We may have scored 42, but half of those were necessary because we failed to answer the other team's scores for awhile with excellent field position. We failed to even put together drives that took more than a few seconds off the clock.

I'm curious how many times we started on our 45 or better this year an came away with three points or no points, because it seemed to happen a lot this year.

You are a class act Bull. You are what's wrong with Nebraska football. Armchair expert!

If you like Beck so much I hope you will enjoy middle school football games next year. I will be in Memorial Stadium watching the Huskers for

my 45th straight year and giving Coach Riles and his staff my full support. That can't be said for a lot 'class acts' on this board. Have a nice off season brv.

T_O_B

• Fire 1

I can see using Ameer has a decoy, because they were obviously very focused on him (but we continued to run the zone read, handing it to him right into the teeth of the defense), but why force a throw downfield into the middle of the field, from the pocket. The thing TA is probably the weakest at. If you have to throw it there, why not roll him out (where he was effective) with a run/pass option.

Or better yet, run the true option where he was outstanding last night (and most of the year on the rare occasions we ran it), then we have the opportunity for both of our best runners.

Two plays for three yards? And we go with what we do worst.

It's true, it's easy to second guess on play calls. But it sure seems you at least want to try something that is a strength, on at least one of the two plays.

How many games into next year will all the assistant coaches be idiots?

That's just the nature of things with football fans no matter where you go, the 2nd string QB is always the most popular guy in the stadium and the O-Coordinator will always be a bum.

As far as the offense "Crapping the bed when in it counts" I guess they did, but they could have been like the defense and been crapping in it all night long for 45 points. That is a LOT of crap.

And with that I'm done, one way or the other Beck is gone. We can agree on that at least.

Honestly I've got no problem using Ameer and DPE as decoys on third down. Tommy had the keep all night for 5+ yards all night long.

My biggest beef was the continued attempts to run between the tackles with Ameer on the same zone read that haar been shown all year long. Watching the USC/BC film would have shown attacking the perimeter with Ameer and TA may have been a lit more successful

Yeah I mentioned this several times to my dad during the game. They have a strength there in the middle of their Dline and we have a backup center yet we kept trying to slam it up the middle.

Overall I'm just nitpicking as I thought Beck had some good and bad just like most OCs have. We scored 42. We wore out their defense (which at the beginning I thought it was a terrible idea to hurry up but clearly it worked). I wish we would have found a way to let Ameer try to win it on either 3rd or 4th or both but again...nitpicking.