Hmmmm... Did anyone else notice that TA

drfish

Threw more passes than Kessler and had a higher completion rate (63% vs. 59%). Granted, SC Db's with stone hands helped keep the picks down to one, but I would not have thought that the Huskers could compete with SC with only 144 on the ground (3.3 ypc whew that really stinks). I am intrigued by what some real QB development might do for him. It will be interesting to watch.

• Fire 1

I did not know the stats but it was not what I saw. I saw Tommy throw the ball inaccurately many times and sometimes too late- half second or so allowing the defensive back to make up the cover distance. Tommy was terrible at long balls. He was good at shorter distances but still frequently hit the receiver forcing him to break stride. I don't think he is a good passer despite his statistics. He needs a QB coach to work with him on his throwing. I think he could be a great one but not with his current throwing.

Threw more passes than Kessler and had a higher completion rate (63% vs. 59%). Granted, SC Db's with stone hands helped keep the picks down to one, but I would not have thought that the Huskers could compete with SC with only 144 on the ground (3.3 ypc whew that really stinks). I am intrigued by what some real QB development might do for him. It will be interesting to watch.

The real issue may be developing mentally. He has physical tools, but continues to make some really baffling decisions forcing things.......

• Fire 2

For all above. The biggest problem TAJ has had has been Beck and an untested QB coach in Ganz. Beck's game plan of two runs into the middle of the line, long pass, punt basically shows why he'll be calling plays at a middle school in Montana next year. He miss-used both TAJ and AA

last night and his stupid play calling cost the Huskers the game last night. He can't pack his bags and get out of Lincoln soon enough.

T_O_B

Good stat, but I am not sure a single off season of coaching will fix his inaccuracy.

I disagree. More often than not he hurries and doesn't set his feet. I think TA has a ton of upside.

i said it all year, we need a qb coach........a lot of his problem was poor decision making,,,coaching!!!!!!!!! we need a damn qb coach! Beck could barely find his way to work!

TA didn't seem to improve much from his Freshman year, but I'm not looking at the stats right now so it's more of a feeling than anything statistical. He seems to still make the same bad decisions (bad decisions on reads/options, bad communication with receivers, badly thrown passes, etc). Dude is talented, but he needs to put in the work. Hopefully something clicks in the offseason and he becomes the QB we think he can be.

I will reserve judgement on TA's passing ability. The narrative is that Bo's staff could not develop QB talent, so why expect 1) TA to be as good as he is going to get now and 2) QBs behind TA to be anymore prepared to step into the starting job? Many suggest Riley is a good QB coach and may be bringing another coach that can offer solid QB development.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd research the stats from last night, but I think it would be interesting to see first half vs second half stat for TA...including poor decisions. Would also like to know how many of those head scratching passes were bad cuts from the receivers. He did look like a boss for most of the later 2nd half.

We've seen so many "bad cuts" from receivers all season long that I've come to think that it's TA making the bad reads. It's happened with all the receivers. Another thing that I think a legitimate QB coach can fix.

• Fire 3

If I weren't so lazy, I'd research the stats from last night, but I think it would be interesting to see first half vs second half stat for TA...including poor decisions. Would also like to know how many of those head scratching passes were bad cuts from the receivers. He did look like a boss for most of the later 2nd half.

We've seen so many "bad cuts" from receivers all season long that I've come to think that it's TA making the bad reads. It's happened with all the receivers. Another thing that I think a legitimate QB coach can fix.

100% correct. When every receiver is "not running the right route" we have to look at the one constant to explain the trend. TA. I hope he can fix it, and if not I hope the next man is ready.