Kenny Bell Deserves Better Than Us

Landlord

am pretty sure that it has been a vocal minority that have expressed bad things towards kenny. the vast majority of the fans have been supportive and thankful for all kenny has done here. i think you should maybe consider toning back a bit and not group all husker fans as haters of kens.

• Fire 2

am pretty sure that it has been a vocal minority that have expressed bad things towards kenny. the vast majority of the fans have been supportive and thankful for all kenny has done here. i think you should maybe consider toning back a bit and not group all husker fans as haters of kens.

The criticism he has taken on here has been pretty harsh this season. Even the USC game discussion thread couldnt quit talking about his horrible PELINI armband or speculating that the FOE meant F U Eichorst.

• Fire 1

Thanks Landlord. I was pretty disgusted at some of the posts on here about KB too. I was really shocked at some of the horrible tweets on his account after the game too. It is unfortunate that some fans choose to target young adults and frankly some CHILDREN, with their terrible poor sportsmanship and butthurt attitude. Crazy, just crazy. Think of it this way, if you were that kids parent, what would you think of the a$$holes out there calling your kid out for showing respect to another adult they admired? Pure douchebaggery.

I am not a Kenny supporter. I respect what you wrote, and it did help a little bit with my dislike for Kenny.

You made solid points, and i have a hard time arguing them... But some people just rub you the wrong way. I am not disrespecting his toughness, or what he meant to his teammates... but I am critical of the image he portrayed where it came off very self-serving.

Maybe he is just a goofy guy and i prefer my leaders be like Ameer. Quiet and lead by example.

Kenny seemed to think that Twitter was his place to go off and felt like his voice was the only one. Probably should give him the benefit of the doubt since he is still a young dude, but he seemed to always act like it was him against the fans.

It sucked that he constantly dealt with hate, but that happens nationwide. Instead of ignoring the people and blocking them, he wanted to fight everyone.

His ego annoyed me. Seemed like he always had to be the center of attention.

I compare him to a guy like Ameer who had major success but seemed humble.

I respect what Kenny did for the University and the team, but his personality just rubbed me the wrong way.

Just my take. I havent seen all the hate about him on the board. Mine isnt a hate, just more of a dislike.

Plus I am a Nate Swift guy!

• Fire 2

The criticism he has taken on here has been pretty harsh this season. Even the USC game discussion thread couldnt quit talking about his horrible PELINI armband or speculating that the FOE meant F U Eichorst.

anyone in the public eye is going to have critics. heck...even i don't agree with some of the stuff he has posted on twitter but that doesn't mean i don't think of him as an all time great husker. truth be told i sometimes disagree with my brother and i still think he is ok. i still think the vast majority of Nebraska fans support and like KB.

The real reason you HATE Kenny Bell. Nice.

There's nothing wrong with people rubbing you the wrong way - it's not like I always loved everything Kenny had to say either. A lot of people can let it go right there, but too many people have taken it past that point and attacked him as a person because of disagreements about style or personality.

The real reason you HATE Kenny Bell. Nice.

There's nothing wrong with people rubbing you the wrong way - it's not like I always loved everything Kenny had to say either. A lot of people can let it go right there, but too many people have taken it past that point and attacked him as a person because of disagreements about style or personality.

YOU DIDNT READ MY POST!.. i dont hate Kenny, just dislike his whole "Schtick".

IT got tired to me. I also think he is a bit overrated. He got a lot of pub and seemed to be well liked because of the flash over substance.

Dont throw numbers in my face, i know he put up decent numbers, but still feel they were pretty inflated.

Best year was his Soph. year and still never broke 875 yds or 55 catches in a season.

Good numbers, but nothing extraordinary.

• Fire 2

If you wear an armband showing support for the coach that just got fired, you can expect some blowback. KB is quite savvy wrt social media. He knew it would cause a minor sh#tstorm among some of the more, ummm, narrow minded fans. And it did. So really, no harm no foul. I seriously doubt if Kenny Bell cried himself to sleep on his giant pillow this past week. He was just showboating a bit. Some playful engagement with the fans. Nothing wrong with that. IMHO. :lol: