"Realistic" expectations 2015 & Beyond

Willing to see how things play out in 2015. The team will be going through a lot of different things with the New regime. 2015 is a whatever year for me. I expect to see more sound football and better in game adjustments. I hope he can get the entire team to buy in by 2015

If Riley does not get the team bought into his vision, then what?
take schollys away and send em packin. Get some players that will. Its big boy football. Big boy business.

I'd really like to see a trip to Indy. We'll find out next season how rough the transition will be (especially in team culture). I'm optimistic that the staff can do a phenomenal job of it and get things rolling right away, but...

Also I think it's fair to be concerned about the depth we have on hand at a few spots on the roster. However, the QB competition excites me, and I'm hopeful that we at least have a few capable starters to tide over in 2015 the oft-cited concerns at the LB position.

My thoughts are on the big guys on the O line. Will the staff have the same problem getting big boys here to Nebraska? Plus, D lineman included?

Willing to see how things play out in 2015. The team will be going through a lot of different things with the New regime. 2015 is a whatever year for me. I expect to see more sound football and better in game adjustments. I hope he can get the entire team to buy in by 2015

If Riley does not get the team bought into his vision, then what?
take schollys away and send em packin. Get some players that will. Its big boy football. Big boy business.

This would create a media frenzy of schollies taken away from active players and lawyers being involved. I think Harvey would avoid this idea.

Riley would have to be the best coach ever hired to knock off Ohio State next year. We will be very lucky to even get to that game.

I am behind Coach Riley 100%, but some things are not possible. Not enough talent, not even close at this time. Give this staff some time. There is a lot to fix, to build and time needed to do it.

Being "Realistic":

1. The O-line doesn't forget how to balance on 2 feet.

2. Alex Lewis has less than 10 holding penalties.

3. We don't waste time outs because the players are waiting for a call with 5 seconds left.

4. ESPN points out how nice Riley is compared to Bo at least 4 times a game.

5. huskerboard will still be full of drive-by athletic directors still convinced that Scott Frost is the next TO and that the ginger assassin was out to destroy Nebraska before he takes the wisky job.

BYU is going to be tough

@Miami is winnable they have no more Duke

Wiscy is always tough for us obviously. Gordon gone but Clement is no slouch.

MSU is going to be strong as usual.

Yep, BYU will be tough. Afterall, they got beat this year by Memphis, Utah State, UCF, Nevada and Boise State. Nebraska isn't better than any of those teams.

BYU sounds like world beaters.

Taysom Hill was injured for those games right?

He is a heck of a quarterback.

And he will almost assuredly NOT be healthy when BYU visits Lincoln this year.

• 10 months later...

Better Coaches: Check

All "hard" games at home: Check

Losing only 3 starters on defense: Check

Expectations are winning the west and 1 loss at the most. That was my expectation last year too

If they went 9-3 last year with all the hard games on the road and a crappy staff...I just don't see how it will be worse next year.

Everything sets up incredibly well to make it to Indy next year. I'd consider not winning the West a failure, given how the schedule sets up. It's not EVER going to get any easier than what we have on our B1G slate in 2015. As far as BYU and Miami go, I don't know. I think we drop one of those games.

I honestly see another 9-3 type season. Which is totally fine given the change.

9-10 wins and if we don't win the west, at least claim 2nd place. It will probably depend on how far they are able to develop Tommy (or Stanton).

I don't see a Conference Championship Game appearance. New systems being put in place, questions on the offensive line and this defense was very overrated. I'd say 8-4 or 9-3 is likely but if Nebraska lost to BYU and Miami to start the year and ended up being 7-5 or even 6-6 I wouldn't be shocked

Loss to BYU - Bo's ghost is blamed.

Win to S. Alabama Riley is proclaimed coaching great.

Loss to Miami Bo is blamed.

Win to Ill and Southern Miss Riley got those kids back on track!

Loss majorly to Wisc the camps divide even more.

Loss to Minn, Riley gets for sale signs in his yard.

Loss to NW geez guys new coach adjusting to the Big Ten have faith he will get it!

Win at Purdue all right back on the road to Indy!

Loss to Michigan State and or Rutgers.

Win against Iowa.

I am guessing 5 or 6 wins. Maybe just maybe people will stop the warm body argument and stop thinking coaching at that level is as easy as NCAA on the xbox...

Fans will say its an adjustment from Pac football to Big Ten, some will claim recruits are wrong for the system, some will claim Bo poisoned the team.

It will be 2004 redux.

Huskerboard - still toxic.

Kaz with the Dinger. Some of the teams are wrong but he was spot on.

Some of the other quotes I found interesting and funny

Loss to BYU - Bo's ghost is blamed.

Win to S. Alabama Riley is proclaimed coaching great.

Loss to Miami Bo is blamed.

Win to Ill and Southern Miss Riley got those kids back on track!

Loss majorly to Wisc the camps divide even more.

Loss to Minn, Riley gets for sale signs in his yard.

Loss to NW geez guys new coach adjusting to the Big Ten have faith he will get it!

Win at Purdue all right back on the road to Indy!

Loss to Michigan State and or Rutgers.

Win against Iowa.

I am guessing 5 or 6 wins. Maybe just maybe people will stop the warm body argument and stop thinking coaching at that level is as easy as NCAA on the xbox...

Fans will say its an adjustment from Pac football to Big Ten, some will claim recruits are wrong for the system, some will claim Bo poisoned the team.

It will be 2004 redux.

Huskerboard - still toxic.

Wow. Pretty dang accurate