Frost?

Hmmm, I was one who desperately wanted Frost to be our next HC and after watching them this season and especially the dismantling of FSU, I just love their uptempo offense and the creativity of their plays, that 2-point conversion was awesome and left FSU completely dumbfounded. I was never one to question his lack of HC experience, I think being a QB under TO, winning a national championship and soaking all that in plus his years at Oregon and the schools before that job, was more than enough to allow him success here at NU. I am supporting Riley and company but I would rather have had Frost and let him grow a bit into the job, I think he will be a very successful head coach and maybe before the doubters think so.. My two cents.

You could be right but I had doubts about his ability to build a credible staff and we just went through 7 years of assistants who didn't fill the bill.

T_O_B

Hmmm, I was one who desperately wanted Frost to be our next HC and after watching them this season and especially the dismantling of FSU, I just love their uptempo offense and the creativity of their plays, that 2-point conversion was awesome and left FSU completely dumbfounded. I was never one to question his lack of HC experience, I think being a QB under TO, winning a national championship and soaking all that in plus his years at Oregon and the schools before that job, was more than enough to allow him success here at NU. I am supporting Riley and company but I would rather have had Frost and let him grow a bit into the job, I think he will be a very successful head coach and maybe before the doubters think so.. My two cents.

I agree, but he is not ready for a big program yet. And he will not come to NE unless he can be the HC.

I love Frost and threads on them. Always a fun read. He was my choice to replace Bo. I liked the gamble.

I now think he never leaves Oregon. No reason to leave that program. I think He does well at OC and then moves into Head Coach for the Ducks.

Absolutely no reason to consider Nebraska now or down the road. Yes, broad painting strokes but my perception is that the B1G will be as it has always been ... a traditionally conference with OSU and Michigan with a bunch of third tier teams. I don't see the B1G footprint getting bigger or better and Nebraska will be average at recruiting, thus the need for great coaching by Riley and his staff. Finally, I think Oregon has seen the value/potential/asset in Frost and the Big Red are more conservative and thus won't take the risk until it is to late.

Here is to being wrong. :-)

With the right coach we can be in the mix with Mich or OSU. Do you think we would have been a third tier team in the B1G with Bob D or Tom? I don't.

Lets wait and see what Riley does, before we accept a third tier status in the B1G.

As far as Frost go's, I don't think he was ready to take over this program "yet".

GBR!!!

FYI, I will be a Riley fan and support him moving forward. Due to age I think he is a 4-5 year hire at the most. I gave Bo 6 years before I was done with him. I will give the same measure of grace for Coach Riley.

Hey Synder is 75 nice Mike looks to be in good health, has anyone in the media even asked him how long he plans on coaching?

Riley was a safe transition hire, unless he happens to have great success, he will build a respectable product and be gone in 4-6 years.

he won't be able to out coach or out recruit Harbaugh or Meyer.....we will be respectable, but not a conference winner.

He might be able to out coach both Harbaugh and Meyer...he's got a lot more experience than both and he's 2-2 vs Harbaugh

How about we wait and see what happens before trying to use our psychic abilities to doom him before it starts.

psychic powers can't actually doom anybody

Riley was a safe transition hire, unless he happens to have great success, he will build a respectable product and be gone in 4-6 years.

he won't be able to out coach or out recruit Harbaugh or Meyer.....we will be respectable, but not a conference winner.

He might be able to out coach both Harbaugh and Meyer...he's got a lot more experience than both and he's 2-2 vs Harbaugh

How about we wait and see what happens before trying to use our psychic abilities to doom him before it starts.

If you honestly believe this then you never had a sister.

If you honestly believe this then you never had a sister

psychic powers, not menstrual powers