Riley: WRs job still open; Ron Brown not joining staff

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/riley-wrs-job-still-open-ron-brown-not-joining-staff/article_1702030a-9793-11e4-9f8d-1fb2c5f2b0ba.html

"I told him I didn't have a spot for him," Riley told a group of reporters in the hallway after introducing his staff. "Putting this staff together is really a balance. I have to get the right people. To get that through knowledge of working with people over time, is the best way to do that. When I have a known, I go with it.

Especially considering the lack of actual Running Back experience his rb coach hire has.

You do realize the new RB coach has more experience coaching RB's than Ron Brown does right?
I missed where he also coached RBs @ UNLV. So he does have one season on RB. I stand corrected.

Must be something more to it. Ron brown is a guy you keep. Whichever position he had coached in the past that unit always thrived. Hell he could have been the WR coach and would have done just fine. Really disappointing.

I honestly think recruiting, or lack there of, is a very large part.

Bingo...This staff needs to be full of guys that are willing to bust their butts on the trail and Brown is not one of those guys.

Link to the Osborne days.

Thats why hes not coming back.

WE HAVE TO MOVE ON. EMBRACE THE PAST. QUIT LIVING IN IT.

If this was a remark directed at my comments…… that's fine…….. Just stating that I am NOT living in the past, have moved on…. supported Bo , will support MR, and hell, even supported BC, until he gave us reason's not too...

I don't think that presenting information should be construed as "living in the past", just because it doesn't quite "conform" with what some want to hear on the board. I am beginning to get excited for the fresh start, but it will not change the fact that the past has happened for a reason. When people are asking questions, you tend to give answers. When your "answers" don't match what some think, then you are called under the carpet.

If some only knew what they think they know…… I am too close to the situation that I keep referring too, so enough is enough….. It's official, RB is not coming back, a FEW us us know why….and if we try to state it, we are criticized….

So now that it is all done, ON TO BRIGHTER DAYS….

• Fire 2

Must be something more to it. Ron brown is a guy you keep. Whichever position he had coached in the past that unit always thrived. Hell he could have been the WR coach and would have done just fine. Really disappointing.

I honestly think recruiting, or lack there of, is a very large part.

Bingo...This staff needs to be full of guys that are willing to bust their butts on the trail and Brown is not one of those guys.

agree, RB is better suited to retirement.