Riley: WRs job still open; Ron Brown not joining staff

Turner Gill stunk as qb coach. He never got a QB into the league. That kind of logic is mind boggling. Using the same logic, Riley will suck as a HC as he never one a MNC or Conference championship.....

I liked Ron as a coach and a person. I am not sorry to see him leave as a coach, but that he is the last link to NU's storied past.

I also miss other things from our storied past. Things like a road grading OL, attacking D, team that plays hard, fast and competitive in every game. A team that might have lost, but never got beat. A team that never put a single player above the program etc.....these things, more than an individual personify the traditions and "Nebraska way" if you will.

Right now Riley is undefeated as the HC. I like that. My hope is that he embraces the traditions of NU ie Blackshirts, walk-ons etc, but restores the traditions of a winning program that, imho, we have really been missing.

Turner Gill stunk as qb coach. He never got a QB into the league. That kind of logic is mind boggling. Using the same logic, Riley will suck as a HC as he never one a MNC or Conference championship.....

I liked Ron as a coach and a person. I am not sorry to see him leave as a coach, but that he is the last link to NU's storied past.

I also miss other things from our storied past. Things like a road grading OL, attacking D, team that plays hard, fast and competitive in every game. A team that might have lost, but never got beat. A team that never put a single player above the program etc.....these things, more than an individual personify the traditions and "Nebraska way" if you will.

Right now Riley is undefeated as the HC. I like that. My hope is that he embraces the traditions of NU ie Blackshirts, walk-ons etc, but restores the traditions of a winning program that, imho, we have really been missing.

Yeah, that's how I feel. It's like having a group of very nice people come to live at your house. The only coach we really know is Coach Warren. The rest are complete strangers. It's not a bad thing-just very different. Ron Brown was a link-a bridge from the amazing Huskers of the past to the current promising Huskers of the future. But the truth is this: If Ron had retired we would've had the same situation. I'm just sad it had to happen so quickly.

I'm sure it's harder for those of us who have been around for a really long time (I'm a fossil-been a Husker fan since 1983!)

Having said that I AM excited to see what Coach Riley brings to the table. I wonder why the press kept saying that Coach Riley would be keeping one or two coaches. Who else was he considering? Just curious. GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1

You do realize the new RB coach has more experience coaching RB's than Ron Brown does right? [/size]

We also realize that more experience doesn't mean more success, right?

To recap, paraphrasing...

A: "Disappointing that Brown asked to be RBs or WRs coach, especially given RB coach Davis's lack of experience coaching RBs."

B: "Davis has more experience coaching RBs than Brown."

C: "So what, B? Experience is irrelevant."

Aside from the obvious point that B was merely correcting A, I think we can also agree that while Michael Phelps is demonstrably a better swimmer than all of us by far, it's completely subjective whether Brown is a better RBs coach than Davis. Isn't Davis considered one of the most promising hires on the staff? I think some of us are determined to be disappointed.

I've been getting that feeling too Zoogs. There was far too much, "We want Frost Tressel" sentiment before the Riley hire.

T_O_B

Fixed.

We need to get the mom a sock puppet and a Huskerboard login .........

Ummmm....you don't follow the recruiting page much?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ...OK I guess not today. I was just trying to have some off season fun not trying to take a shot at anyone.

Just saying that his mom has been posting under his thread for a long time.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ...OK I guess not today. I was just trying to have some off season fun not trying to take a shot at anyone.

Ok thanks, that makes sense. I had seen that but I had totally forgotten.

Norvell it is

Norvell it is
Where are you seeing this? Not a bad hire if true.