Tim Beck to Ohio State

It was kinda interesting that in the only game Tim Beck coached without Bo Pelini, the Nebraska offense ran 94 plays in an uptempo offense with only one turnover and few penalties, almost 30 more plays than they averaged the rest of the season.

I would have guessed it was Beck who had the offense stand-up and look over to the sidelines to get every play call. But since they suddenly stopped doing that for the USC game, I gotta wonder.

• Fire 3

I liked Shawn Watson's offense.

I liked Tim Beck's offense.

Wished I could have seen them with slightly better quarterbacks, offensive lines and supporting defenses. Even then there was a lot of excitement, including three of the best individual rushing careers in Nebraska history.

I honestly thought the folks who considered Nebraska "pass happy" "too cute" and "unwilling to stick with what works" didn't understand football. Or simply didn't watch other teams do the exact same thing, slightly better. Without turnovers. And stupid penalties. And having to get out of those holes created by your historically bad defense. On a team where the head coach had everyone -- players and staff -- wound too tight.

Every OC will call plays and sequences that don't pan out. Every single game. Tim Beck was no more or less egregious than most.

And if you don't like "cute" or "multiple" don't watch Scott Frost's team tonight.

Glad to see me and Urban Meyer on the same page.

You know pal, you can understand football and not like what Beck was doing.

Yes he did what a lot of other teams were doing. So what? I dont like half the other teams offenses in college football either.

Too cute, was a lot of people's way of saying "too finesse". I always thought it that way anyways. A zone read option offense where there really is no "read" or "option"? They literally said the play was usually pre-determined. Tommy rarely made the read and kept it. Sorry, but most teams DO NOT do it that way.

Stretch zone with literally no north and south run game. A QB lined up ten yards in the backfield with the running back behind him. Plays taking 1.5 seconds to even get back to the line of scrimmage or point of attack. Not my style of football and I understand the game just fine.

The lack of a short passing game was that ridiculous, unless it was that overused WR screen? Not my kind of football.

An offense where the TE doesn't exist? No thanks Beck.

Tim Beck still doesn't know what a HB screen is. Even as we've watched opposing defenses put 7-8 defenders in the box and blitz like madmen for years now.

We'll agree, the offensive line was pathetic. Has been for some time. Yet, as pathetic as it continually was, it seems we kept forcing the same zone blocking schemes down their throats, even as they demonstrated year after year their inability to understand their assignments.

As far as Oregon being multiple, I think too many of you misunderstand Oregons multiple compared to Nebraska multiple. It's not the same thing. Oregon runs multiple variations of the same few plays. They'll line up in similar formations and run simple variations out of those formations. They execute very well. they use their QB's mobility.

Nebraska ran multiple formations. We would line up in nearly every formation known to man in a single game. We used our QB as a pocket passer instead of a mobile passing threat. We didn't execute anything to perfection, but we were multiple. Good for us,

• Fire 5

I liked Shawn Watson's offense.

I liked Tim Beck's offense.

Wished I could have seen them with slightly better quarterbacks, offensive lines and supporting defenses. Even then there was a lot of excitement, including three of the best individual rushing careers in Nebraska history.

I honestly thought the folks who considered Nebraska "pass happy" "too cute" and "unwilling to stick with what works" didn't understand football. Or simply didn't watch other teams do the exact same thing, slightly better. Without turnovers. And stupid penalties. And having to get out of those holes created by your historically bad defense. On a team where the head coach had everyone -- players and staff -- wound too tight.

Every OC will call plays and sequences that don't pan out. Every single game. Tim Beck was no more or less egregious than most.

And if you don't like "cute" or "multiple" don't watch Scott Frost's team tonight.

Glad to see me and Urban Meyer on the same page.

You know pal, you can understand football and not like what Beck was doing.

Yes he did what a lot of other teams were doing. So what? I dont like half the other teams offenses in college football either.

Too cute, was a lot of people's way of saying "too finesse". I always thought it that way anyways. A zone read option offense where there really is no "read" or "option"? They literally said the play was usually pre-determined. Tommy rarely made the read and kept it. Sorry, but most teams DO NOT do it that way.

Stretch zone with literally no north and south run game. A QB lined up ten yards in the backfield with the running back behind him. Plays taking 1.5 seconds to even get back to the line of scrimmage or point of attack. Not my style of football and I understand the game just fine.

The lack of a short passing game was that ridiculous, unless it was that overused WR screen? Not my kind of football.

An offense where the TE doesn't exist? No thanks Beck.

Tim Beck still doesn't know what a HB screen is. Even as we've watched opposing defenses put 7-8 defenders in the box and blitz like madmen for years now.

We'll agree, the offensive line was pathetic. Has been for some time. Yet, as pathetic as it continually was, it seems we kept forcing the same zone blocking schemes down their throats, even as they demonstrated year after year their inability to understand their assignments.

As far as Oregon being multiple, I think too many of you misunderstand Oregons multiple compared to Nebraska multiple. It's not the same thing. Oregon runs multiple variations of the same few plays. They'll line up in similar formations and run simple variations out of those formations. They execute very well. they use their QB's mobility.

Nebraska ran multiple formations. We would line up in nearly every formation known to man in a single game. We used our QB as a pocket passer instead of a mobile passing threat. We didn't execute anything to perfection, but we were multiple. Good for us,

That's some mighty fine cherry-picking that ignores just as many examples of the exact opposite.

• Fire 2

The silence from all the experts on here is hilarious. Beck is terrible and will be lucky to find a job. Lol!

He's not calling the plays. He's a glorified position coach. Who cares?

He's just as bad as a QB coach as he is a playcaller...why else would Taylor Martinez pay for a private QB coach in the off season?

Who said Taylor paid?

Why do people on here assume that Beck is walking in the door at tOSU and Urb is just going to hand him the keys? Urb will give Beck a specific set of instructions to follow.

Urb will also encourage Beck to poach a player or 2 from NU.

Considering none of the players on our commit list were recruited by beck he wont have much luck. Not to mention Riley appears to have this class stitched up

Why do people on here assume that Beck is walking in the door at tOSU and Urb is just going to hand him the keys? Urb will give Beck a specific set of instructions to follow.

Urb will also encourage Beck to poach a player or 2 from NU.

Considering none of the players on our commit list were recruited by beck he wont have much luck. Not to mention Riley appears to have this class stitched up

I'm not talking about this class. I am talking about players on the team