Tim Beck to Ohio State

Not sure why everyone seems to think Meyer is the best coach in the country?

My uncle joe with a bum leg could coach all that talent to 10+ wins.

That is what I have been saying about Riley at NU...

But I have been told more than a few times that Riley getting 7 wins next season would be good.

Meyer is a stud...he clearly had his choice of almost anyone he wanted for this spot and he picked Beck, which says a lot, it might not mean he will be great at OSU but it clearly says a lot that he is the one that was picked.

So the same people that say Riley, Langsdorf, Banker, Hughes, Davis, etc.... are questionable hires for Nebraska have now declared Tim Beck a great hire for Ohio St.

Yes, that makes sense.

Well...Meyer is probably the best coach in the country...so it would make sense that he would know what he is doing with his hires and that most of them would not be seen as "questionable" don't you think?

Wow, really?

Because great coaches never make bad hires?

Good luck to Beck, maybe he figures things out, but him being hired by Urban Meyer doesn't suddenly mean he was a God-send here. Our offenses were inconsistent turnover machines that couldn't produce against more stout defenses quite often. Beck will still have to play Michigan St.

Oh, but fortunately for Beck, McNeese St. may not appear on their schedule up there......

But I have been told more than a few times that Riley getting 7 wins next season would be good.

Meyer is a stud...he clearly had his choice of almost anyone he wanted for this spot and he picked Beck, which says a lot, it might not mean he will be great at OSU but it clearly says a lot that he is the one that was picked.

He's still not the OC for OSU. And we've seen how Nebraska's QBs developed over the last several years.

So the same people that say Riley, Langsdorf, Banker, Hughes, Davis, etc.... are questionable hires for Nebraska have now declared Tim Beck a great hire for Ohio St.

Yes, that makes sense.

Well...Meyer is probably the best coach in the country...so it would make sense that he would know what he is doing with his hires and that most of them would not be seen as "questionable" don't you think?

Wow, really?

Because great coaches never make bad hires?

Good luck to Beck, maybe he figures things out, but him being hired by Urban Meyer doesn't suddenly mean he was a God-send here. Our offenses were inconsistent turnover machines that couldn't produce against more stout defenses quite often. Beck will still have to play Michigan St.

I am sure they make bad hires but if you are looking at the track record you would have to assume that most of the time Meyer knows what he is doing, right?

So if we work with that as our baseline it seems like Beck is a good hire, right?

I also thought that statistically NU put more more points and yards vs MSU than most teams.

could uncle joe win at Utah?

And have his 3rd string qb beat thr all mighty SEC?

Utah was in the WAC then.

I do think Urban is a good coach, but I don't think is this Guru that he has been made out to be. He puts himself in good situations (yes, he bailed on Florida) and has good leadership skills.

Urbans success is one of the reasons I'm excited about Riley.

• Fire 1

He's still not the OC for OSU. And we've seen how Nebraska's QBs developed over the last several years.

It is being reported that he is going to be co-oc and QB coach for them. Is taking over for Tom Herman.

Beck is a good hire. Good recruiter, Texas connections, creative offensive guy, I'd say maybe questionable QBs coach, always one of the top workers on the NU staff. Langsdorf, Beck, Osborne, Callahan, etc, all have and will get the same kind of irrational criticism just because they are playcallers and that's our favorite armchair profession.

If we had hired a defensive guy maybe he'd be staying on here for continuity.

Although unfortunately, his one line that sticks out to me is "Who has a good relationship with the fans, anyway?" And NU's offense really faded (again) this year down the stretch.

Only to resurface in a completely different way in the bowl game. Who knows?

• Fire 2

lol what is this nonsense

Just saying. Guys good, sure, but best in the country?

Gary Patterson says hello!

The best coaches in the country don't need 5 star talent across the board to be "the best coach in the country"!

It is being reported that he is going to be co-oc and QB coach for them. Is taking over for Tom Herman.

If he's not calling the plays, which will likely be done by Warriner, he's not the OC. He's a glorified position coach, coaching a position that he never did very well with at Nebraska.