Tim Beck to Ohio State

I suppose it makes about as much sense as the Herman hire when he got there. Herman was OC at ISU. Though I have no idea why anyone would want Beck as a QB, his opening scripted plays often would be decent. But his ingame adjustments were more than often lacking. Maybe that was Pelini, who knows. It is a good spring board for him to move to a HC though, which we all know is something he wants to do. Good for him, but I will not miss him here.

Not sure why everyone seems to think Meyer is the best coach in the country?

My uncle joe with a bum leg could coach all that talent to 10+ wins.

That is what I have been saying about Riley at NU...

But I have been told more than a few times that Riley getting 7 wins next season would be good.

Meyer is a stud...he clearly had his choice of almost anyone he wanted for this spot and he picked Beck, which says a lot, it might not mean he will be great at OSU but it clearly says a lot that he is the one that was picked.

You've been told that by your fellow pearl clutchers.

So...you are saying that 7 wins next year is horrible, correct?

I'm on record saying I think NU will be fine next year.

I'll say Neb does better than 9-4 next year.

Interesting to see Beck go to one of the top progrums in the nation, and Bo fall all the way to the FCS.

If I was being paid $3+ million as part of a buyout on top of the salary he is getting at Youngstown, I would take a job in my hometown too. It's not a matter of him dropping to FCS, but more his choice to do so.

I totally agree with this...It is like those guys that played in the pros, set for life and they go coach High School ball...why not, it is fun, they don't need the cash.

That is what I have been saying about Riley at NU...

But I have been told more than a few times that Riley getting 7 wins next season would be good.

Meyer is a stud...he clearly had his choice of almost anyone he wanted for this spot and he picked Beck, which says a lot, it might not mean he will be great at OSU but it clearly says a lot that he is the one that was picked.

You've been told that by your fellow pearl clutchers.

So...you are saying that 7 wins next year is horrible, correct?

I'm on record saying I think NU will be fine next year.

I'll say Neb does better than 9-4 next year.

I 100% agree! Better staff, they don't lose a lot of players, they have most of the defense back and all tough teams at home...

It would not shock me at all if they only dropped one game.

Interesting to see Beck go to one of the top progrums in the nation, and Bo fall all the way to the FCS.

If I was being paid $3+ million as part of a buyout on top of the salary he is getting at Youngstown, I would take a job in my hometown too. It's not a matter of him dropping to FCS, but more his choice to do so.

I totally agree with this...It is like those guys that played in the pros, set for life and they go coach High School ball...why not, it is fun, they don't need the cash.
What is Bo, around 45? He can coach at YSU, let his kids attend and graduate from Cardinal Mooney, and then maybe Bo will look to go back into big-time coaching. Or he can stay at YSU for 20 years, and enjoy his life. Every situation is different, I don't know why people get all caught up with "oh yeah, Bo is so lame he ended up at crappy YSU."

Utah, Bowling Green, Florida ? Taking the same 7-6 team and making them go undefeated the next year at Ohio State?

Other than one year with Spurrier, Florida has in essence been nothing.

And your uncle can coach that talent to 10+ wins, but he's coached that talent to 3 consecutive 12+ wins. Only one other coach has had that kind of success and he was fired recently.

OSUs offense will now fold in big games.

This should help with our new staff swaying Joe burrow to NU. Beck basically gave the burrows the middle finger when they tried to meet with the coaches when they were in Lincoln.

Yea.....Urban does seem to struggle getting more than one good quarterback to Columbus.

OSUs offense will now fold in big games.

This should help with our new staff swaying Joe burrow to NU. Beck basically gave the burrows the middle finger when they tried to meet with the coaches when they were in Lincoln.

Yea.....Urban does seem to struggle getting more than one good quarterback to Columbus.

To be fair, Miller and Jones were already in Cbus when Urban got there. JT was Urban's first QB recruit and some say that he missed out on a few guys the last cycle.

Here's my thoughts on the Beck hire:

-Why a QB coach when his QBS displayed the same fundamental issues, i.e. Tommy and Taylor

-Inconsitent play calling. No doubt, he called some great games, others were mind boggling. "Experts" would state that he would do very poorly with setting up his plays or countering what a defense was doing. Listen to Sharp and Benning for insight on this.

-A positive about Beck: He did consitently have his offenses in the top 25 and even top 10 at times year after year. Had players create record setting #'s. However, his offenses were turnover and penalty prone.

-Another positive, the man can be creative. He has drawn up some plays that were highly effective at times.

I think if he finds a place where he can thrive, be challenged and learn more as an OC, he'll do very well. I believe tOSU will be that place. Urban wouldn't hire him if he didn't think he could do well. Beck's resume has plenty of positives about it, yet there are glaring negatives. As a co-OC with his buddy from KU, I think the man is going to thrive. Good luck to him.